IELTS Writing Task 1 : The average house expenses in England and its capital city – London

hahalolo 1 / 5  

house prices in England

The bar charts below illustrate the average house prices in England and some other areas of England including its capital city London.
Overall, in 1995 and 2013, the average cost for houses in London was generally higher than that in England. In addition, the housing expenses in Midlands and North East were the lowest among distinct regions in 2013.

According to the data, in 1995, people in England wanting to own a house must normally pay nearly 150.000£, meanwhile, to possess a house in London, dwellers need to pay a little higher, about 200.000£. During the 18-year period, London witnessed a dramatic rise in accommodation prices with averagely 400.000£ per house, which doubled the housing cost in England.

It can be seen that in 2013, the accommodation expense in London was the highest out of 6 different regions, followed by South East and South West with over 300.000£ and over 250.000£ respectively. North West was the only region that shared the same average house prices with England, which was 200.000£, whereas the cost to buy a house was noticeably lower in Midlands and North East, the house expense of Midlands was over 100.000£ meanwhile the figure for North East was 100.000£.

When more than one image Is provided, the writer needs to properly identify and differentiale between the Images in individual paragraphs and compawson discussions /reports that is because the water needs to be clear on which image is being discussed. Since the images are seperated by titles the writer should take advantage of the clarity it helps provide in the report.

Speaking of clarity, the writer has a problem with keeping his report coherent in the report. The use of run-on sentences tends to blur the direction of each sentence and paragraph. The constant use of commas also affect the quality of the report. Both problems pose high deductions in the GRA score portion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 : The average house expenses in England and its capital city – London