BABYSITTING; Narration of process essay

College girl 13 4 / 5  
Babysitting the Baby

As humans young and old we all well majority of us love babies. But all people can't babysit and take care of the baby/babies for a night. Simply because they don't have the necessary training or anything to know how to handle children or what to do when they cry besides throw a bottle in their mouth. But it's really not that much to it once you've got the hang of it and it comes very easy to me, I have 7 nieces and 1 nephew all younger than me and a bunch of cousins.

First things first you have make sure everything's in place for when the baby arrives. You have to make sure all the room is clean and safe for the baby especially if they are crawling so they won't hurt themselves on your watch. Get some things together to make sure that the baby is occupied and not just bored getting into everything he/she sees. Like coloring books, toy blocks, musical toys, and fun bears. So once they finish with one thing they'll just move to the next one and your job won't be that hard if everything's in place before the baby arrives.

Once the baby arrives and gets dropped off with you or vice versa make sure that you ensure the parent or person dropping off that everything will be okay and you have it under control. Be sure to ask the parent how they like they're child's bottle made, all parents don't make bottles the same. Some use just straight water and milk but some add little things in the bottle like cereal or honey and you don't want to be making the wrong kind of bottles then something happens. Now you get to doing things with the baby activities rather it's simply talking to them or sitting playing with blocks or whatever toy. It'll last for about 5 minutes or depending on the child's span of attention. While playing with them be calm tell jokes have fun don't be nervous and all stuck up because then the child will most likely be crying and want you just to hold them and hold them.

Next after the child is done playing the toys or getting bored now it's time to bathe the baby at least a warm wipe down. Make sure the water is Luke warm so it's not too hot or too cold and the baby won't get the chills or anything. Wipe the baby down so they are clean making sure that you wipe under the neck. Making sure though that you completely dry under the neck also so no rashes will start or occur. Put the babies pamper on fast making sure they don't use the restroom or start while it's not on and get it everywhere. Put on the babies night clothes which most likely will be an onsie. Turn on the TV a cartoon or a cartoon movie that will interest a baby like Dr. Mcstuffins, let the baby sit watching the movie or show while you go warm up the bottle. You will need to either microwave the bottle on high for about 30 seconds to knock the chill off. Pick the baby up and put their head at a tilt and feed them now as you're feeding them they will now probably be falling asleep. Being that they have played they got bathed and now they probably are really worn out and tired.

After you've finished feeding them they will need to be burped so while they're sleeping they won't be throwing up or have acid reflux. Sit the baby on your thigh facing to the side holding them in the front like by their neck while patting their back until they burp. Or put the burp rag on your shoulder place their head on your shoulder and pat their back until they burp, either way will work. Once they're fed and burped its bed time.

Usually putting the baby to sleep after they've ate and burped doesn't take that long a tops about 10 minutes with my experience every time I baby sit and I baby sit twins. You put them across your leg and shake they will make different noises but that's how you know they're really sleeping and its working. Now once you got them to sleep you lay them down on a pillow close by and put pillows around then so they won't take no fall to the ground. Now once their sleep you go clean up the mess they made and make sure everything's good. You can now have you time or go to sleep also and just make sure you sleep light so you can hear if they cry or anything.
As humans young and old we all well majority of us love babies.

.... This sentence has several problems;
"we all " and "well majority" together make no sense , this confuses the reader.
All of us, be young or old, love babies.

But all people can't babysit and take care of the baby/babies for a night.

...nice idea :D
However, it does mean that everybody loves to babysit of take care of them even a single night.

Simply because they don't have the necessary training or anything to know how to handle children or what to do when they cry besides throw a bottle in their mouth.

This is because it is not an easy task if you don't have the passion and the necessary training.
First things first you have make sure everything's in place for when the baby arrives

First thing first and you need to make sure everything is in place and order before the baby arrives.

You have to make sureall the room is clean and safe for the baby especially if they are crawling so they won't hurt themselves on your watch.

all the rooms are clean and safe / everything in the room is clean and safe

Get some things together to make sure that the baby is occupied and not just bored getting into everything he/she sees.

Have a few things that can capture baby's attention to keep the baby occupied and without having he or she approaching everything that is in vicinity
While playing with them be calm tell jokes have fun don't be nervous and all stuck up because then the child will most likely be crying and want you just to hold them and hold them.

While playing with them you should crack jokes and entertain the baby.

Next after the child is done playing the toys or getting bored now it's time to bathe the baby at least a warm wipe down.

Once the child gets tired after playing or get bored of the activity, it is the time for giving the child a bath.
Make sure the water is Luke warm so it's not too hot or too cold and the baby won't get theany chills or anything.

Home / Writing Feedback / BABYSITTING; Narration of process essay