Banning of private cars and permitting public vehicles in city centers.

jalp 13 / 34 7  
Some cities have vehicle free-days where private cars, trucks and motorcycles are banned in city centres. Only bus, bicycles and taxis are permitted in the city centres. Do you think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages?

PUBLIC VEHICLES only IN CITY CENTRES

There are some places that public vehicles are allowed to pass and there are also that forbid private cars on certain days. This kind of strategy to all transportations are being implemented in most cities. I think this has more pros than cons that I will explain further.

In this ban, people with cars and companies that use trucks in exchange of goods are at disadvantaged. Their products can be delayed while business men who travel with their own cars are not allowed to use them. Thus, it creates a hassle to figure out a different way or transportation to go from one place to another.

However, there are more advantages than drawbacks. First, it reduces car congestion in city centres. Trucks are huge, and buses, are the same too. Dividing the days that these large vehicles can travel will give more space to other vehicles. As a result, traffic jams or any car accidents will decrease.

As an example, In the Philippines, their President implemented a window period that allows trucks and other heavy container cars in using city roads. There are only certain areas that they can enter. Thus, minimizing traffic and providing more room to other cars. They also have a system that controls the number of vehicles on the road. The last number of every car plate has an indication that there are specific days that people can not use their cars and they call it 'coding'.

Therefore, I believe that there are more benefits for letting the public transportations including bicycles in city centres as presented in this essay. Giving private ones, like cars, trucks and motorcycles, a rest to the road is an advantage to the city and public.
Jea, you only focused on the first part of the discussion. Where is the discussion about the use of bicycles, buses, and taxis? You created your own prompt statement again. This is really a serious problem on your part as it commonly happens, I always correct it, and you still keep making the same mistake. Always, always, make sure that you address only the topics included in the original prompt. Do not create country specific discussions because you deviate from the prompt and create only a partial response to the prompt. Look at the vehicles you mentioned in your essay, it does not even begin to touch in a single mode of transport from the original prompt. This is not a good essay because it doesn't stick to the appointed discussion. This was to be a comparative essay between vehicle free days in city centres and the possible benefits or drawbacks if only buses, bicycles and taxisare allowed in this areas on specific days.
OP jalp 13 / 34 7  
Thank you very much for the review. I'm getting frustrated that I still don't know how to answer essays. I think I focused more on the benefits instead of elaborating each type of transportion. But i will, once again, take note of your comments.

Again, thank you for not getting tired of reviewing my work. And everyone else's. I salute you for the long patience.
sillyman2000 19 / 42 9  
Hello. I think you need to fully understand what the prompt says first, and next time, try to outline your ideas in the draft first. This will take maximum 5 minutes.

I don't think this is a well-structured essay, since you've seperated into 3 bodies, and the first two counterparts are really sketchy.
The other flaws is what the admin has cited out for you.
I'd like to suggest you to organize the paragraphs of this kind of question like this:
- Introduction (paraphrase the question, thesis statement)
- Body 1: your first idea to the question with explanations and details (can include some relevant examples if needed)
- Body 2: your second idea to the question with explanations and details (can include some relevant examples if needed)
- Conclusion: simply summarize what you have just written
Hope that well and good luck with your practice.

Home / Writing Feedback / Banning of private cars and permitting public vehicles in city centers.