Ielts Writing task 2- Banning the use of mobile phones

HuyBryce 1 / 1  

using smartphones in the public areas

Topic: Your town council is thinking about banning the use of mobile phones on public transport and in shops and restaurants.

Write a letter to the town council giving your opinion about this and why you think it is or is not a good idea.

With the development of technology, people tend to equip mobile phones as necessities in daily life. But plenty of news and reports prove phones are distracting users from study, work and even communication. In reality, my city council also discusses about banning the use of phones in public places. However, I disagree with that suggestion because phones bring many considerable benefits for our users.

When more employees are working away from home, phone is the most convenient device contacting other members. Mobile phone helps users communicate and share experience without the limitation of position or time. Because of its function, users are able to make a call and share feeling with members in reality. For example, users might share their life experience like public transport, shop and restaurant. If a person is depressed or stressed, calling parents is a good solution to express what you have encountered. Otherwise, if there are emergency problems such as accident or rob, calling the ones solving your trouble immediately.

The phone is also satisfactory for people enjoying their spare time discovering new platform. Instead of sitting on a bus without doing anything, users might have selections to entertain such as listening to music, playing games or watching videos. Meanwhile, other users could read online books and news as quick as possible.

Mobile phones has various functions that we can take benefit. Not only do we demonstrate ourselves online but also share memories from the past. User can also explain the situations they encounter. Finally, it is a useful tool to entertain in free time.
sujith1993 1 / 2 2  
The opening, structure and conlusion of your essay is good, But there are mistakes in grammar and sentence formations. I`ve modified few sentences without changing the meaning.

I suggest you to use Grammarly tool(can be added as a Google chrome extensions) which will help you with grammar when writing essays.

With the development of technology advances in hardware and wireless communication technology, mobile phones usage has grown rapidly in recent years. But plenty of news and reports But with increased usage, we also see numerous reports and articles proving phones to be distracting and intrusive in our daily activities. In reality, my city ... However, I disagree with that the city council plan to ban the usage of phones in public areas suggestion because phones can be useful and bring many considerable benefits for our users.

When more employees are ....With increasing number of employees working from home these days, phone is the most convenient tool to contact their colleagues. Mobile phone helps users people communicate and share their experiences without the limitation of position or time. Because of its function,... Users can call their family members and share their feeling with them ay any time. For example, they ... experience like in public transport, ... If a person ... Also, if there are emergency problems ... or rob robbery, ...

The phone is also satisfactory for Mobile phones are also serve people enjoying by allowing them to spend their spare time discovering new platform. Instead of While sitting on ..., users might have ... such as can entertain themselves by listening to music, playing games or watching videos after a tiring day form work. Meanwhile In addition, other users could they can read online books and catch the news they might have missed .

Mobile ... Not only do we demonstrate ... Users can also explain the ... encounter articulate their situations or problems better and get the required help quickly. Finally, it is a not only is a useful tool to entertain us but also a medium to contact others in hours of need.
OP HuyBryce 1 / 1  
@sujith1993
Thank you very much!

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts Writing task 2- Banning the use of mobile phones