The bar chart delineates the number of imprisonments in five different countries

Hardy_tom 3 / 6  
The table below show the figures for imprisonments in five countries between 1930 and 1980.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The bar chart delineates the number of imprisonments in five different countries from 1930 to 1980.
A glance at the graph reveals that during the fifty years the highest figures were held by the United States and Canada, with the United states dominating all the years, except for 1930.

Particularly, the number of prisoners in the United States started from 100,000 in 1930 and after several fluctuations reached at 140,000 in 1980, the highest figure in all years and in all countries. On the other hand, Canada witnessed 20,000 more imprisonments than the USA had in 1930 but followed a downward trend and stood at approximately 90,000. Simultaneously, New Zealand began from the same level of imprisonments as the United States, although in 1940, dropped dramatically to only 58,000 prisoners and the next forty years saw an upward trend reaching at just above 90,000. Similarly, Australia followed the same pattern as New Zealand but in 1930 the prisoners were at about 70,000 and by the end of the fifty-year period, with some fluctuations in the meantime, it increased to just under 80,000. Interestingly, Great Britain had the lowest figures of imprisonments, although it saw a steady rise.

The opening summary must also include the measurement type, the complete listing of the 5 countries, and the measurement basis (decade upon decade). These information will help inform the reader regarding the most basic information coming out of the report. The report should also be presented within 3 paragraphs. I am not sure if it was by accident, or if you did not realize that there was a 3 paragraph requirement for the task 1 essay because you only have 2 paragraphs presented here. You compressed all of your information in the second paragraph, which went against the formatting requirements. Kindly provide the 3 paragraph formatting requirement.

If you wish, you could present the median or middle measurement for the countries as a part of the comparison discussion. I make this suggestion to you because you mentioned several fluctuations in your second paragraph, but did not justify it with measurement figures. So the reader will end up wondering what you are talking about. You could do a comparison of the middle figures to help you form a more detailed comparison discussion in one of the remaining 2 paragraphs. Try to outline the essay before you start writing. In this case your outline should show the starting, middle, and ending figures, which you can present in comparative format within the data report. Always use a 3 paragraph presentation format. That means, you will need to figure out how to create 3 paragraphs based on the existing information.

Home / Writing Feedback / The bar chart delineates the number of imprisonments in five different countries