The bar chart below gives information about four countries' spending habits of shopping on consumer

moonsun06_56 1 / -  

amount spent on different consumer goods

The given bar chart compares how much money the shoppers in four European nations spent on six different items, namely console games, outdoor game accessories, cosmetics, books, toys, and cameras in 2012.

Overall, Britain surpassed the other countries in the amount for purchasing all these products while the Belgians expended the least amount.
It can be observed that the British spent the highest amount of money on cameras and toys, more than 165 thousand pounds for each. Also, over 155 thousand pounds were expended on each of the other goods. Austria stood at the second position in the amount for books, toys, and cameras, with nearly 160 thousand pounds each. However, the amount of money spent on the former three products was the lowest expense.

Moving on, Spain expended more money on all goods than Belgium, which ranked last, at over 150 and under 150 thousand pounds for each, respectively.

An examiner would consider this task 1 essay under developed because it contains only the minimum word count number. He will be looking for a task 1 essay that contains 175 words. 175 being the number by which most task 1 essays are considered completely developed in terms of analysis and reporting. Don't get me wrong, 150 is the minimum word count, which only means that you will not be penalized for writing a short essay. That number does not mean you will get full scoring considerations in terms of C+C and GRA requirements. Those 2 sections need more words for higher scoring consideration.

175 words can easily be achieved by not writing a short summary overview. Rather than trying to include all the information in a single sentence, which normally results in a confusing information presentation, use one sentence of each important summary point. For example;

The information provided for review and assessment is based on and undated set of columnar bar charts. Each bar is composed of 4 comparative sections indicating specific countries and their consumer spending on 6 given items. The countries indicated are Belgium, Austria, Spain, and Britain. Measurements were taken in the form of Thousands Pounds String for the goods represented by console games, outdoor games accessories, cosmetics, toys, books, and cameras. The noticeable trend is that consumer spending was on the uptrend, for these various items, in all 4 countries.

By being succint in your summary presentation, you will be able to present at least 80 words in that paragraph alone. The result will be a highly scored TA section. Why? The summary will already provide a complete rundown of upcoming information, making the analytical and reporting paragraphs more understandable to the reader, who cannot see the image. After that point, you will not have too hard on the reporting paragraphs in terms of meeting the word requirement for higher scores. In your presentation, you neglected to indicate the measurement source which is an integral part of the summarized information. There must always be an indicator of how the measurements were taken to complete the source summary presentation.

The last paragraph of this presentation is severely under explained, little analyzed, and little reported. No proper analysis paragraph should contain a single sentence report. These paragraphs need at least 3 sentences at all times to deliver the necessary scoring considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / The bar chart below gives information about four countries' spending habits of shopping on consumer