IELTS Task 1: The bar chart show the petroleum production and consumption among 7 regions in 2002

grace412 1 / 1  

amount of petroleum produced

The bar chart compares seven distinct areas in terms of the amount of petroleum that they produced and consumed in the period of 2002.
Overall, 4 out of 7 surveyed regions used their products in a higher level that they produced. Besides, Middle East was the biggest petroleum producer, while Europe's petroleum usage was the highest.

In 2002, Europe and Middle East provided the same amount of petroleum at nearly 7 million barrels on a daily basis. However, the former consumed around 25 million barrels per day, which was nearly 10 times as high as that of the latter. The United State's petroleum products were above 10 million barrels, less than the figure for its usage, at 16 million barrels per day.

The amount of petroleum spent in Australia and Asia was 7 and 11 million barrels per day, respectively, though, they both generated just over 4 million barrels. By contrast, Latin America's and Africa's product statistics exceeded their usage ones. The difference in Latin was insignificant, whereas figures for its counterpart were 6 million barrels produced and 3 million barrels used.

Maria - / 1,098 389  
@grace412
Hi there!

When writing interpretative data, try to be cautious of the sentences that you have. Baffling structures can turn out negatively. Being as straightforward as you possibly can be will take you a long way.

Let's take a look at your essay and revise a few lines.

The bar chart compares the amount of petroleum consumed and produced in seven distinct areas in 2002. Overall, four out of the seven regions used more than they produced. Middle East was the biggest producer, whereas Europe had the highest usage.

In 2002, Europe and Middle East provided the same amount of petroleum at nearly 7 million barrels daily. [...]

Notice how removing lines would go a long way because you have more space. Having lengthy sentences would not necessary indicate more depth in your content - keep these in mind at all costs.

Keep these in mind as you are writing. Best of luck as always!
OP grace412 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot Maria. When I read again my essay, I agree that it's so colorful . hehe. Love u <3

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1: The bar chart show the petroleum production and consumption among 7 regions in 2002