The bar chart shows percentages of small, medium and large companies which used social media

Marco phoenix 1 / -  

social media in business

The bar chart indicates the proportion of companies that have social media presented for their businesses purposes over the period from 2012 to 2016.

Overall, large businesses used social media the most for their business plans, while the least percentage came to small businesses. In addition, the proportion of media presence decreased significantly in three types of organizations in 2015.

Looking at the bar chart, social media usage in medium businesses saw a significant increase of 20% from 2012 to 2014, while the percentage of small businesses gradually rose from 25% to 35% in 2014. Additionally, the stable proportion of using social media in large businesses stood at around 75% which was over 2 times higher than that of small companies in the first 3 years.

The year 2015 saw a decline in social media presence with just 30% which came to small and medium-sized companies, while the percentage for large ones stood at 50%. However, the year 2016 saw a considerable increase of 30% in the percentage of large businesses with 80% in total, propelling them to the top ones using social media. Both small and medium companies' percentages were recorded at 50% and 55% respectively.
social media presented for their businesses purposes

This is not very clear in meaning. I do not doubt that the confusion in your summary presentation is because you used a run-on sentence for the explanation. Once you learn to write single idea sentences, that relate to one another to create a clear paragraph, you will be able to write more coherent / easily understandable paragraphs. This paragraph will definitely not get a good GRA score due to the confusion it created when providing information to the reader. The reader needs to know:

- What types of media were used?
- What sorts of businessess were involved in the study?
- How were the measurements collected?
- What sort of business purposes were represented by the metric?

These are the single idea sentences that should have been present in the summary overview.

The rest of the paragraphs could have used less run-on sentences for the comparative presentation as well. Write long paragraphs instead. The maximum scoring potential of each paragraph is reached within 3-5 sentences. Try to meet the individual sentence idea, and maximum sentence count per paragraph to get better overall scoring considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / The bar chart shows percentages of small, medium and large companies which used social media