Bar Graph description (coffee and meat consumed in selected countries)

cathyliu 19 / 54  
The bar graph compares the amount of coffee and meat consumed each year by Norway, France, Germany, USA, Russia, China and Japan. It can be clearly seen that USA has the highest consumption on meat (122 kg per person) while Norway has the maximum consumption on coffee. (9 kg per person), and the meat consumption of each country is far outweigh its coffee consumption.

According to the graph, next to USA, the countries that possess highest rates of meat consumption are Germany, France and Norway, consuming meat 87kg, 72kg and 60 kg per person each year respectively. In contrast, the three Asia countries have lower meat consumption rates, with China 47kg, Russia 45kg and Japan 42 Kg per person per year which almost equals to one third of the meat consumption rate of USA.

As for the consumption on coffee, except Norway, Germany, with 2 kg per person lower than that of Norway, is the largest consumption country. The France Russia and USA have similar consumption. Specifically, both France and Russia consume 5 kg per person on coffee, and USA is only one kg lower than them. In terms of Japan and China, the consumption of coffee is only 3kg and 2 kg per person each year separately.

In conclusion, the meat consumption in Asia countries such as China, Russia and Japan are far lower than that of Western Countries like USA, Germany, France and Norway. In terms of Coffee, it almost the same situation excepting the consumption of Russia is a little higher than that of USA and equals to the consumption of France.
It will be clearer this way:
The bar graph compares the amounts of coffee and...

Let's add one more sentence to the end of that first paragraph. Make it an astute observation that can be a theme for the whole essay.

:-)

You write very well. add a new dimension to this by giving one additional sentence at the end of some of the paragraphs. Tack on a sentence that shows that you take a particular perspective on the info; for example, what are the implications of this info for the people in the coffee and meat industries?

Home / Writing Feedback / Bar Graph description (coffee and meat consumed in selected countries)