The Beauty and Darkside of Fireflies

dinartika19 37 / 67 6  
TED Talks Sara Lewis : The Loves and Lies of Fireflies

Fireflies are wonderous creatures living in the noctural world. They are like magic, charming and charismatic lominous insect which always make our childhood memorable.

The shape of fireflies by evolutionary types are natural selection (strugle of survival) and sexual selection (reproductive opportunity).

In this world, fireflies belong to beetles cluster with about 2,000 species and more than 100 varieties are from North America. All of this species was very similar, especially 115,000 years ago, when male fireflies used tentakles at day to snifed perfume of by female firelies. Only female setted up the light million years later.

The glow is amazingly beautiful started at youthful fireflies. They use it to save themself from predators as endurance for their childhood. When they grow up after spending two years becoming larvas, they just need two week to think about sex life. The masculilne fireflies use the brightness to fascinate female. They using light as silent conversation to talk each other. The males bllink the beam and if the female attracted, they will answer with a blinking glow too. After that, the female will see which one them have the longest light to choose as partner. They will have sex all day along, attached each other.

The great lominous also has a darkside. To survive, fireflies have toxic to against predators. When the toxic exhausted, they need it from other fireflies genus. This other class will distract "the silent conversation", and if they lucky enough they can get closer enough from the other type and started to drink blood. The blood is very useful to manufacture protective chemicals. The biologist call them a vampire fireflies.
ashelarisa48 36 / 52 4  
Hi Dinar! Nice to read your thread. I am trying to give you some feedback.

They using light as silent conversation to talk each other. == this sentence does not have main verb, maybe you mean to write "they use light as ........."

The males bllink blink the beam and if the female ...
After that, the female will see which one of them have has the longest light ...

Hope it is helpful...
molly16 9 / 10  
Hi,

here are my alternative statements for u :

- The shape of fireflies by evolutionary types are natural selection (strugle of survival) and sexual selection (reproductive opportunity).

The evolution of fireflies's shape is affected by natural selection and sexsual selection

- In this world, fireflies belong to beetles cluster with about 2,000 species and more than 100 varieties are from North America.

In this world, fireflies as a part of beetles bracket which hovering for 2,000 species with more than 100 varieties are found in North America

- The glow is amazingly beautiful started at youthful fireflies.

The astonishingly beautiful fireflies's ray could be found early .....

Home / Writing Feedback / The Beauty and Darkside of Fireflies