"It's not beauty if it can be removed with a wet kleenex." - A humble opinion essay

dogaaslaner 1 / -  
It's not beauty if it can be removed with a wet kleenex.
- Doğa Aslaner

In a society where it's so common to see everyone acquiesce in the majority of things, it's rather interesting to come across a concept that's not been defined well enough to convince everyone yet. Concepts we can't put a finger on, such as beauty, are what make us think that we're different at some point.

And that's precisely the most beautiful thing about beauty: it means something different for everyone.
If we asked a mathematician what beauty is, he would say numbers. If we asked a farmer the same, he would say seeing his crops grow. If we asked an astronaut, he would say the sky. If we asked a dog, it wouldn't say anything because dogs don't talk.

Therefore I insist, regardless of all the definitions found on the dictionaries, that there are some concepts better left undefined. I will not deny though, that there are indeed some points we should all agree on, such as what beauty does not mean.

Layers of make-up to look natural, asthenic bodies to fit in the dress called society, going under the knife to lift eyebrows and lower self-esteem, or any other extreme measure taken in the name of beauty is what should not be included in its profound definition.

It's easy for the majority of us to spot the wrongness in these actions, but we're often not able to point out the reason behind them. "The pursuit of beauty" as I call it, is the explanation for the constant chase some people find themselves in. What they fail to see though, is that this is an endless chase. It's very much like the chase between Tom and Jerry, the coyote and the roadrunner, or Donald Trump and intellect. It will never end.

As to a solution, I could say "be beautiful in the inside", but that would not be original at all. So I say "be ugly in the inside".

As explained before beautiful is not a defined concept and ugly shouldn't be either. Then who's to say being beautiful is right and being ugly is wrong? Racism was most probably beautiful in Hitler's eyes. So if ugly is what you are, go ahead.
JuanSebastianR 23 / 63 37  
Dear Dogaaslaner,

I like your essay very much. Is this essay for a specific assignment? Since there is no prompt, I cannot really tell what you are answering to.

Your essay content is excellent. I like how you give different examples and ideas of how different people define "beauty." I also very much liked when you wrote, "The pursuit of beauty." Because people may sometimes focus on working on their bodies and perfecting themselves so much, that they forget their inner beauty (I do believe in an inner beauty which radiates outside to the world).

Here are some corrections for the essay:

...come across a concept that'sthat has not been defined...
Abbreviating is sometimes Ok. In this case, "that has" sounds and reads better. You do tend to abbreviate throughout your essay, which may weaken your essay a bit.

...Therefore, I insist, ...
Add a comma after introductory words such as: Therefore, Moreover, Furthermore, etc.

...found on thein dictionaries...

..."be beautiful in the inside , " , ...
Commas are placed inside the quotation marks.

... "be ugly in the inside . " . ...
Same here. Commas, semicolons, periods, and other punctuation go inside the quotation marks.

I hope I was able to help you with the essay. Please post a prompt/assignment question if there is any as it would make it easier to read.

Best regards,

Juan Sebastian Rubio Lopez
Hi Doga, I enjoyed reading your essay, I find the argument to be
making its point, it's not merely to create any judgement on which side you're in but you created an understanding of what and why people or make up should be part of our lives.

Regardless of how much amount of make up you put in your skin and which part of the body you put it in, the case is, it's still not the natural site.

Going back to your writing style, as mentioned, you made an interesting argument and it transpired in how you presented the essay, I just suggest that you make your paragraphs a little bolder like merging them and keep about 4 maximum paragraphs.

Lastly, I do believe in natural beauty, that beauty comes from the inside.
A good heart is a true beauty and no one can argue that, unless may be if
one is a narcissist, kidding aside, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I strongly believe in this.

Overall, the essay is written well. For future writing reference, don't forget to include the prompt or the purpose of the essay as this will be a great help for us in giving you a more accurate feedback.

I hope my insights helped!

Home / Writing Feedback / "It's not beauty if it can be removed with a wet kleenex." - A humble opinion essay