"beauty" and "travelling"

hallohallo 1 / -  
Beauty

I hold that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is not what it is on the outside, but what it is on the inside that makes a person beautiful. Society has falsified the meaning of what true beauty is. Beauty is overrated because we see advertisements, which shows these immaculate women. It is only logical that we want to look like them and be like them. The influence of the media and celebrities change the beauty standards and people's perceptions of themselves are getting poorer. More and more people strive to reach perfection through plastic surgery. Every year it seems that the patients become younger and younger. I completely agree having a reconstructive surgery, which is made to improve irregular functions of the body. But spending so much money and willing to risk your health to become physically attractive, is incomprehensible to me.

You have got to love yourself. Of course everybody wants to look like a model, but we have to know that we are unique in our own special way. Everybody was built different, built in their own likeness. We have to appreciate what God gave us. Once we are happy inside it will shine on us outside.

If we can pause for a moment and think about what the definition of beauty actually is, we can see that beauty is relative. Therefore, can't it exist everywhere?

Travelling

To: Headmaster of Ingeborg Bachmann Gymnasium

From: Valentina Kuchler

Subject: Europe travelling

Introduction

As requested I want to report my backpacking tour through Europe. The destinations and other details about the journey are presented below, together with my recommendations.

Destinations

Together with my boyfriend we made our first stop in Rom, Italy. It is a glamorous city with very friendly people. We visited the Colosseum of Rome and the Spanish steps, they count 138. We found a little camping place where we drew our tent up. Afterwards we continued our journey to France via Switzerland, were we bought some really good chocolate. In France we went to its landmark, the Eiffel Tower and to the Louvre. We had a little problem with our hotel because apart from us many rats were sleeping in our room. For this reason we decided to fly the next day to Latvia, the favourite city of my boyfriend. There we stayed three days and enjoyed the lakes, the forests and the whole landscape. Our trip expired in Russia, to be more precise, in Moscow, where I always wanted to go. There we visited the big Moscow zoo.

Recommendations

I would recommend a trip like that to anyone. I enjoyed it really to get to know about so many different cultures. Of course it would be easier to live always in a hotel during a journey, but with a backpack and a tent I have made many new impressions from that country I was currently.
I hold that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is not what it is on the outside, but what it is on the inside that makes a person beautiful.

You are saying 2 different things here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so the way we look depends on the ideas of the people looking at us.

But then it is different to say that it is what is on the inside that counts, because that is suggesting a definition for beauty that involves abstract concepts like "inner beauty" vs. "outer beauty"... and this is a valid idea, but it is not the same as the idea about the eye of the beholder.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / "beauty" and "travelling"