It has become a common pattern that successful sports professionals are paid a fortune

Juniedang 3 / 9  
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

It has become a common pattern that successful sports professionals are paid a fortune compared to other professions. Public opinions have polarized on this fact. Adherents believe high income is justified for unique sports talents while opponents contend other important careers have also contributed well to society, hence deserving similar range of income. Both sides prove their arguments reasonable, but supportive opinions to this pattern appear to be more convincing.

Those who argue against this fact state that other significant professions such as scientists and doctors are more plausibly justified for high income. They believe that to be qualified as a scientist or a doctor, each individual has made great attempt and themselves possess valuable talent. In addition, their jobs seem to contribute more to the wellbeing of society. The opponents claim that the globe could hardly evolve to nowadays level of modernity without the devotion of scientists and doctors. Hence, there exists any profession that deserves high income, doctors and scientists should be considered first.

In sharp contrast, adherents for the fact argue that talent among sports profession appears to be more unique and the number of successful ones in this career is limited. They state that not all sports athletes are well paid but only those who have attained such impressive achievements. These limited sports talents have greater social media influence than scientists and doctors. Many companies are willing to hire them to become their product representative. This helps the companies to earn enormous profit and the sports talents also receive a fortune payment in return. Moreover, sports professionals can only perform well in a short period of time rather than a whole life length as other careers. Therefore, they deserve higher income during this period to compensate for when they cease their career path.

In conclusion, both supporters and opponents assert strongly convincing arguments on the high payment to successful sports athletes. However, to a certain extent it appears that supportive opinions are more persuasive and sports talents are justified for they fortune they are earning.
It has become a common pattern OCCURRENCE that TO HAVE successful sports professionals are paid a fortune compared to other professions. Public opinions have BECOME polarized BECAUSE OF on this fact. Adherents SUPPORTERS believe THE high income is justified (...) opponents contend THAT other important careers (...) hence deserving A similar range of income.

... but supportive opinions to this pattern appear to be more convincing.

... each individual has made great attempt and themselves possess valuable talent.
... The opponents claim that the globe WORLD could hardly evolve tonowadays TO ITS CURRENT level of modernity without ...
Hence,IF there exists any profession that deserves A high income, doctors ...

In sharp contrast, adherents for the fact SUPPORTERS OF HIGH PAID ATHLETES argue that talent among sports professionALS appears to be more unique and the number of successful ones in this career is ARE limited.

... but only ONLY those who have attained such impressive achievements.
... to become their product representative ENDORSERS. This helps the companies to earn enormous profitS and the sports talents also receive a fortune IN payment in return.

... in a short period of time rather than a whole life length DUE TO THE SHELF-LIFE OF THEIR as other careers.
... compensate for when they cease their career path RETIRE.

... arguments on the high payment to FOR successful sports athletes.
... talents are justified for they fortune they are earning.

------

This essay was weakened by the lack of examples based upon personal knowledge or experience and as such, would lose points / have points deducted. You could have mentioned Tiger Woods has being one of the highest paid athletes in the world and how the scandals that rocked his life ruined his reputation and made the money he was paid seem out of place. The same goes for Lance Armstrong, or the accusations leveled at Tom Brady. Any of those examples would have helped to strengthen and increase the points for this essay.
OP Juniedang 3 / 9  
Thanks for your feedback. It's very helpful!

Home / Writing Feedback / It has become a common pattern that successful sports professionals are paid a fortune