Writing an essay about how to become a person with good writing skills

chanhtruc123 1 / -  

how to become a great writer?

Writing is a method to describe the feeling anything around us on paper, to record all that human beings have experienced through the ages from the past to future. For those people who need to be good at writing skills, they need some techniques: one of the important technique that become a good writer is to read some books in many times to know author's style, free-writing every single word down from television or local person, also learning our mistakes from friends, teachers to give positive advice.

The first thing is reading the novel, books which become the most popular for professional writing. If a person reads a book every time, they can remember what is the book saying. In addition, when they read twice or many times, they also know how the author describes that books. We can find out their methods which make a great book and learn from that in our ways to improve writing skills. For example, a series novel "Sherlock Holmes" created by Arthur Conan Doyle. The author attracts readers by using several tiny situations in a murder case to let audiences think that person is a murderer. However, the least suspicious person who proves to be the culprit. Sir Conan shows us how is Holmes smart when he solves any cases until audiences know who is a killer. That is one of the best descriptions of the author during the story. Thus, reading many kinds of the book in many times, we know styles of the author when they tell us a tale for using in writing. Additionally, a simple way to improve writing skills that are watching television without subtitles, write everything down when we are hearing.

Hearing then writing English from around us is easier than reading a book, but it is least effective. When we walk outside to meet people on the streets, stores or public services, we talk with them. If they seem uncomfortable, we can speak with friends, or teacher at the school. Every time we speak, try to write down any words we hear on a piece of paper or small note even spelling wrong. Our brain will automatically remember that words because sometimes we learned by freewriting. Basically, we have to write every day instead of writing at school. However, if we are bad at grammar or spelling, we will try a lot to improve English. For instance from Jeff Goins, "Don't write a lot. Just write often." He recommends spending about 30 minutes a day every day of the week is more effective as spending once five hours for writing. Just writing anything we like such as summarize a movie, news or someone says an interesting. Make your brain always actives like a habit until it becomes an obligation. So, hearing English on television, local people and write a little per day are wonderful and simple ways to improve writing skills. Although we raise writing experience by hearing on tv box, there are still mistakes we have when we write down. Friends, teachers or any family members know English will become a savior if we make mistakes.

Teachers, friends, tutors or native speakers can help us to improve writing techniques. We can learn from our errors when we do not know much about sentence structure or vocabulary. Asking is the perfect idea to correct any problems until we make sure that questions are solved and they will be pleased to advise us and fix our errors. There is an international student at De Anza College, her name is Mai and she is a Vietnamese. One time when she was in ESL-5 class to prepare for Eng-1A, she wrote an essay about at least three special things in her hometown. Her teacher marked that essay was off-topic. She did not understand why teacher pointed her essay was off-topic, and she asked the teacher. Her teacher explained that topic said hometown, not country, it meant Mai should have described where she used to live, not the whole country. After that, she always asked everything she needs and she learned from that. Thus, If we want to know, we have to ask, and if we want to be a great writer, we must practice and study more. Do not be afraid of the mistakes that turn us into idiots, but overcome it with our own effort.

In conclusion, reading books or novels that is a advice to become a great writer with many styles of authors. Besides learning from author structures, we can be good writing skills by watching movies, news and taking note possible we heard day by day. Also, we need advice friends, professors we know English to learn our mistakes. To have good writing skills, we have to practice day by day until we become a professional writer.
Truc, you are trying to take on too much in this essay without a proper outline to guide you in the development of your paragraphs. Your sentences are stressful to read because the sense of what you have written is unclear. I believe that this is because you are simply trying to write using as many English words as possible instead of focusing on using less English words, but making sure that your simple sentence will be clearly understood. There lies the difference between a person who is simply writing, and a person with good writing skills. It is all about connecting with the reader and getting your message across. Something that is sorely lacking in this presentation. You also need to practice the one topic per paragraph rule so that your paragraphs become shorter but more informative. Separating the topics also allows the reader to better focus on the content of each paragraph in order to understand the overall message of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing an essay about how to become a person with good writing skills