IELTS Task 2: It is now becoming a trend that people prefer to meet virtually instead of physically

monicaaa0017 7 / 15  

IELTS Writing Task 2 - socialize online

Nowadays, more people are choosing to socialize online rather than face to face. Is this a positive or negative development?

It is now becoming a trend that people prefer to meet virtually instead of physically. In my opinion, this will lead to a negative development which can cause to several negative impacts in the future.

The main reason people should not meet virtually is that they will lack of social activities that often seen beneficial for one's development. For instance, children at young age need to socialize in order to practice their emotional intelligence and also get to know about the real world. When children socialize virtually, they tend not to pay attention of what is happening and they also do not have ability to stay focus in front of a gadget for a long period of time.

Another reason is that socializing in person allows people to freely socialize and express their ideas or opinions out there. Furthermore, it is often perceived that face to face socialization helps people get rid of boredom and become happier as they will be laughing or joking during the socializing. Unlike online socializing, people can only exchange information but can not express feeling much which often make them feel isolated.

Besides, socializing online often leads people to confusion and misunderstanding. This is due to people have their own way of delivering and receiving information. Furthermore, the misunderstanding can also cause to manipulative information or hoax that will bring disadvantage to certain group of people.

To conclude, socializing online is not as positive as socializing face to face and result in several negative impact to the people. It is better for people to socialize in person instead.
The essay is long enough but not within the correct number of paragraphs for this discussion. Since this is a single opinion presentation, it falls under the 4 paragraph presentation format:

1 prompt restatement + paraphrase
2 reasoning paragraphs
1 reverse paraphrase conclusion

Therefore, this essay is overpresented by one paragraph. A score is provided for the way that the discussion is presented. You must learn to differentiate between the paragraph discussion types and provide only the appropriate number of reasoning paragraphs for each. Do not be overeager to write. Write too many words and you open yourself up to more accidental deductions. These deductions will then be due to the lack of proper proofreading and editing of your work. You need perfect presentations, not long presentations.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: It is now becoming a trend that people prefer to meet virtually instead of physically