Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

How to behave in doing business internationally? An example - saying "No" in different cultures.

Windachan 13 / 18 5  
Many internationally business ethics discussions going on that believe how to behave in doing business are the central point. A culture in Business Internationally is a set of beliefs and values that the members of a particular society commonly share. However, when businesses are engaged, many variety of answering method is used by companies. In Japan and American, one area of differences is about saying "No". In Japanese business person, they are rarely say "No" to each other, making prolong discussion and finally realize answer in negative means. In contrast with American, they are saying "No" better quickly.

Apart from saying "No", in personal distance or how close people stand to each other in talking, also are distinguish. Japanese and several Latin American are almost close together with negotiation. They tend to stand and sit contiguous each other, namely partiality judge. On the other hand, American is not close each other, where they always make a space and did not respect in negotiating. When Japanese make a conversation, American will move slightly as a battle way to avoid suspicious each other.

In addition, Business Cards might be another area of difference. Japanese tend to concern making business cards as important gradually. On a more personal in Japan give precedence to discuss business cards along 10-15 minutes for every detail particular in qualification and experience. Though unlike with American consider the business card is not important to know. They collect business cards after looking in 2 or 3 seconds left and read more later when back to office.

Furthermore, other difference of Ethical Behavior, namely Bribery is an act of business gifts. In United States, bribery conducts to illegal business, judging criminal activity and being jailed. It is different attitude with Europe, where they are acceptable a briber as a partner business. For example, Spain applied them and nothing takes places as illegal business. On the other hand, Germany considers the briber is not problems, but their incomes should be deducted as taxes. In Russia, bribery is dealing close business organization in which bribes and its personal connection are necessary in order to business activity by government.

Escaping the difference acceptable behavior, companies need some regulations to handle the Ethical Issues. First, Have a 'Code of Ethics". In order to avoid confusion, companies should make clearly statement in running are or not acceptable in particular organization. Second part is "whistle-blower" laws to prevent the organization from term mining and discriminating against employees whose reported ethical behavior. Many businesses is being a part on going training in acceptable business practices. For example, International Sail Business conducts to train employees of mining culture from other countries. "Think Global and Act Local" using approach of corporate many ideas and procedures are used in training employees to describe the values and local culture of business behavior conducts to ethical issues.

Home / Writing Feedback / How to behave in doing business internationally? An example - saying "No" in different cultures.