Behavior Therapy (Psychology paragraph)

Rosalin Becky 2 / 5  
Here is another paragraph writing of mine. It's about Psychology... Please feel free to give comments to my paragraph... Thanks :-)

Behavior Therapy
According to Richard A. Kasschau in Understanding Psychology, behavior therapy is a sort of therapy in which the therapist focuses more on what is not actually alright with the recent lives of mentally ill patients and tries to make changes via some steps. Particularly, it is believed that a disturbed person is the one who misunderstands how to behave properly; therefore, those patients are going to be educated again. Undoubtedly, the therapists will try to figure out how to change the inaccurate behavior of theirs rather than to the causes or roots of the main problem. In this behavior therapy, there is one important technique known as systematic desensitization which assists patients to struggle irrational fear and anxieties they have ever undergone so far. For this method, patients are asked to list down their fears, and the therapist will instruct them how to relax in such kinds of situations. Consequently, this can help patients feel less frightened of those stuffs than they used to be afraid of, and that is an advantage of this therapy. However, one disadvantage of this therapy is that the procedure is followed step-by-step through the list of anxiety-arousing events, and it still does not figure out the roots of those problems. In short, it seems that Richard A. Kasschau preferred this behavior therapy to psychoanalysis since it concentrates more on action rather than just a talk, and it is not as time-consuming as psychoanalysis is at all.
According to Richard A. Kasschau in Understanding Psychology, behavior therapy is a type of therapy in which the therapist focuses ...

Undoubtedly, the therapists will try to figure out how to change the inaccurate behaviorsof theirs rather than to the causes or roots of the main problem.

In this behavior therapy, there is one important technique known as systematic desensitization which assists patients to strugglein understanding irrational fears and anxieties they have ever undergone so far.

With this method, patients are asked to list down their fears, and the therapist will instruct them on how to relax in such kinds of situations.

Consequently, this can help patients feel less frightened of those stuffs thanthings they used to be afraid of, and that is the advantage of this therapy.

Do you think this method is better than psychoanalysis? Should you write whether or not you agree?

:)
In short, it seems that Richard A. Kasschau preferred this behavior therapy to psychoanalysis since it concentrates more on action rather than just a talk, and it is not as time-consuming as psychoanalysis is at all.

Should you write whether or not you agree?

I think this is good advice. At the end of the essay, maybe you can give an opinion, too. It seems like you leave the reader wondering a little at the end.

Behavior therapy is a lot less abstract than psychoanalysis, so it is ...maybe... easier.

If you are interested in the various schools of thought in psych, I recommend reading about Ellis' "rational-emotive behavior therapy."

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Behavior Therapy (Psychology paragraph)