Not believe everything in newspaper, it's form of business; the goal: gain money

odon 12 / 27 2  
Hi guys . Please inspect my essay . :D
It for toefl .
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement.
You should not believe everything that you read in the newspaper.

The newspaper is one of the ways of getting the news. Although the newspaper impart many worthy news to me , sometimes the news published in it is false . Hence I should not believe everything that I read in the newspapers.

Firstly , As the newspaper press agencies are property of a individual and a organization of business, it is clear to serve its proprietor favorably . If its owner has opponents , the newspaper set about publishing negative information about the the opponent . For example , In my own country the newspaper agencies owned by influential people such as politicians tend to libel others ,especially political opponents. Even there are some cases that few journalists thrown into a prison on a charge of libel.

Secondly, As far as I concerned that for small newspaper agencies , they experience straits by financial deficiency. Furthermore , to solve the financial problem , they have to draw people's attention to their newspaper. As a result, they publish flagrant and false news , specially about stars , in their newspaper which they hope that audiences interest in. Moreover , on a recent day , a group of researchers team claimed that selling rate of the newspapers which contain false or offensive facts about popular people is higher than the other newspapers.

In conclusion, It is high probability for the newspaper to publish false facts , because its primary goal is to gain money . The newspaper is just a form of business. therefore I agree with that I should not believe everything that I read in the newspaper.
KMeghji 8 / 20 7  
As the newspaper press agencies are property of a individual and a organization of business, it is clear to serve its proprietor

Firstly, as the paper press agencies are properties of certain individuals or business organizations, it will surely serve its proprietor.

Just a suggestion. It would be better if you revise your essay after writing for the punctuation and capital letters.
OP odon 12 / 27 2  
Thanks Kmeghji. I appreciate that
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
The newspaper is one of the ways of getting the news.

You need to improve the presentation of this sentence as it needs to act as an interesting hook that binds reader's attention to your writing ;

The newspaper is one of the main sources that people use to learn about what happens locally and internationally.

Well, it is good to use the first voice (the word "I") only at the end of your intro while expressing your opinion. Let the other parts be more general.

Home / Writing Feedback / Not believe everything in newspaper, it's form of business; the goal: gain money