Some believe that newspapers and TV programs are pointless because it's irrelevant to people's lives

imdduongg267 1 / -  

Ielts Writing Task 2 Question:

Some people think the news has no connection to people's lives. So then it is a waste of time to read the newspaper and watch television news programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that newspapers and TV programs are pointless because news is irrelevant to people's lives. I could contend that the broadcasts today are developed their content that attracts and responds to acquisitions and demands of the audiences in all aspects, delivering news reports to the public transiently.

From my perspective, it would be wrong to refuse the integral role of broadcasts in connecting audiences with news and facts. Radio and TV programs provide information about everyday occurrences globally through diverse communicative transports. Take the COVID-19 pandemic as an example, during the period of social isolation, people who continuously pay attention to this dangerous disease by following and updating day-by-day information about the fatality, the positive cases, and new exposure-related zones can protect themselves from its contagion. In contrast, residents who outlook this news were vulnerable to this infectious disease.

In my opinion, news and TV programs are not only means of updating happenings, but also the governments can utilize this kind of social transmission to inform and spread laws, and national policies throughout their countries. Therefore, viewers can access these principles and obligations, enhancing their awareness and knowledge of this elusive information easier. For example, medical warnings, state settlements, and grant support are deployed and negotiated to citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic, so they can expand their understanding and obey the treatment and isolated rules.

In conclusion, I believe that spending time and money on all kinds of news and TV programs is worthwhile and necessary to contribute to promoting quality of life.
The main score reduction will occur in this essay not due to the irrelevancy of the discussion because the reasoning paragraphs are on track, but from the way that the response format does not deliver the expected answer foundation. In this case, the foundation of the response should be based on the measured response of the writer. Please note the specific writing response instruction: To what extent do you agree or disagree? The writer never responded in a manner that would indicate a proper and clear response to this question. He implies that he agrees with the given opinion, but does not clearly state it as required. Thus the response is incomplete and, in this case, inaccurate.

Reasoning is acceptable in both paragraph however, just like the first paragraph, the way that the writer indicates his explanations are difficult and confusing the understand. The sentences often lack subject clarity within the presentation. He often uses fragmented sentences and run on presentations that will surely reduce his GRA score to a great extent. Leaving this essay in danger of receiving a failing score based on 2 problem points.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some believe that newspapers and TV programs are pointless because it's irrelevant to people's lives