I believe parents shape the way you see life!

Edna 7 / 19 7  
Parents are the best teachers.
Do you agree or disagree the statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The mission of a child's education is to provide with not only basic skills or academic understandings but also helps it with appropriate behaviors in society. Put another way, family education and schooling are two sides of the same coin. Yet, I believe that, parents shape the way you see life.

First of all, parents are the leaders and also the instructors for our first steps into the outside world. Take my experience for instance, when I was a child, parents are the best teachers who taught me the first lessons. Those are how to crawl, how to stand, how to speak or how to walk which are the most important lessons in our life. Parents are also the ones who were always by my side, talked to me with all the greatest words and the ones who were so happy to burst into tear when I spoke the first word "papa" or "mama". Therefore, with their true love and caring, no one in the world can be the best teachers as our parents.

Furthermore, parents also teach us how to behave well. At schools or universities, we gain knowledge from many sources but all of those are only what we hear in theories. A child will easily learn how to respect the old when he sees his parents always express their admirations to his grandpa, grandma or even an old woman in the street. What is more, through lessons like communication skills, we may know the essence of getting on well with other people. This kind of education influences our personality and views averyone as a whole individual in the big family of society. To this extend, parents have provided us with fundamental concepts of living.

However, educating a child is not the sole responsibility of parents. Besides, teaching children to become a completely developed individual is also the principle aim of school. It brings us basic knowledge and skills to survive. From primary school on, students learn subjects like Maths, Literature, English, or in other words, academic subjects to gain the initial knowledege of the nature and world, which are very useful for our future career. One reason is that teachers are trained for teaching, with their knowledge and teaching methods, they can help to educate children more effectively since parents are not always be able to meet the demand of everything.

In conclusion, parents together with teachers will help the children develop holistically but the best teachers that we have are our parents who taught us from the very first lessons when we were little with all their endless love and caring.
Hi Edana,

I want to comment on your essay structure as it is an important aspect, perhaps the most important one, in earning marks at the exam. Remember, you need to tackle this task within a given time frame which many candidates find inadequate. So you need to practice having these examination conditions in mind.

Well... your intro is good. It introduces the topic and states your opinion clearly. However your body paras do not contain specific examples for your reasons. This you need badly for your scores. I made some comments on Valency's threads where I elaborated how you need to handle these body paras. I suggest that you have a look at them to understand the structure I'm proposing for this task.
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai...
Good essay, good flow to read, and interesting too..

The question asked you agree or disagree...?

You agreed totally. So i feel no need to mention school in your introduction.

Parents are the leaders...?

Good example. Proves the role as an instructior, i feel it is better to cut leader and change instructor to guide. Instructor feels heavy...!

:the kind...views:o.k
Everyone...society: though it is one sentence, i didn't understand the second part.

The para about the role of school i feel, no need.

You already reached the required word strength and you are strongly agreeing with the statement.

All the best...

Tessy...

Home / Writing Feedback / I believe parents shape the way you see life!