It is believed that English has removed other languages due to its popularity.

Abrahamlincoln 54 / 56  
TED Summary - The world's English mania - Jay Walker

The majority of people believe that English has removed other languages due to its popularity. However, English is used as the mean of communication by a global citizen, particularly to overcome world's issues such as climate change and poverty. Furthermore, people learn English to have a better quality of life. By learning it, they have bigger opportunity to be successful, having better salary and more prestigious job. It is reflected by almost 2 billion people in the world teaching and studying English. Even in the near future, China will become the world largest English speaking country.

source: youtube
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Lincoln,
Here's my contributions towards your TED's video summary. I hope you can follow through and gain some improvements in the next practice. :)

- ...believe that English has removedremove other languages... (statement, should be in present form)
- ... to be successful, and havehaving better salary...
- ...people in the world of teaching and studying..

Overall, I can say that your summary is quite understandable due to minimum errors that I have found. You have carefully written a summary by considering grammatical range and accuracy seriously. Also, the flow of ideas is well-done. You have effectively used cohesive devices to link your sentences into an appropriate and well-developed paragraph. My suggestion is that you need to find any other videos that are quite uncommon to others. I have seen like "hundreds" of Jay Walker summaries in this forum. TED.com itself have thousands of videos that you can pick but this one.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is believed that English has removed other languages due to its popularity.