TOEFL - Benefits of learning a foreign language in an early age - for example at the primary school

Glearning 2 / 3  

the young mind is more absorbent

** Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? **

Learning new things are always helpful for anyone as well as kids. To know many languages are always beneficial for their growing mind. If children will learn foreign language an early language(s) in an early age than then definitely they can do well in their middle school. There are lots of advantages for children to learn foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school, those are related to their academic, career as well as social skills.

Firstly, the most important benefit to learn additional language is academic wise, like if they can learn new things in their early age their mind will be strong. They can learn and remember things fast. Kids in elementary schools always have less burden of study then middle schoolers. So, if they learn new skills early in their schooling age then certainly they could learn and focus on other language later. Learning language early helps to develop their mind as well. Scientifically, it's proven that kids below eight years could learn things very fast.

Moreover, the other important factor for learning foreign language in primary than secondary is related to career. The more you know the languages helps you in your career. Foreign language always give boost in one's career. If you have a knowledge of some foreign language you can write in your resume. So for that reason students should start learning foreign language as early in their school so they can continue to learn more language afterwards.

Additionally, language learning helps to improve children's social skills too. They learn about foreign culture and they know more about them too. It helps them to interact easily with them. Social skills are needed for kids to improve in early age. Otherwise later it would be little tough to develop these skills.

For the same reasons, some experts strongly believe that children should learn foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. For that reason, learning foreign language is compulsory in some elementary schools these days, Initially it was only for secondary.
ssaa8227 1 / 1 1  
Easy answer, I am not a professional in this, but children go through mental development at an early age, it is true that it is easier for a kid to learn another language than an older person. Also nowadays it is beneficial to know at least two languages for many reasons; jobs, communication, and more. I do not state that this information given is true, again I am not a professional, anyone feel free to correct me.
yui meow 2 / 4 1  
TOEFL

Hi there, I'm also practicing for TOEFL. Personally I think your essay has a clear structure, and maybe some more examples can help make it more convincing. Good luck :)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL - Benefits of learning a foreign language in an early age - for example at the primary school