IELTS Essay What are the benefits of living in big cities, as opposed to rural areas?

hiren46 2 / 3  
Question: What are the benefits of living in big cities, as opposed to rural areas? What are the problems of rural areas and how can they be solved?

Many people opt to live in large cities rather than country side because they believe there are more advantages residing in metropolitan area than remote areas. Such, benefits are employment, transportation facilities and up to the edge lifestyle. This essay will point out some difficulties living in rural area and will suggest some solutions.

Most common reason why people prefer to live in metro cities is the employment opportunity. Getting a desired job and working at well reputed company is the first choice for people. Apparently, these jobs are mainly available in developed cities. For instance, It can be seen at recruitment websites such as abc recruitment that the number of jobs in well known companies are noticeably higher in city areas than rural areas. Another reason is the easy availability of transportation services, large complex network maps of buses and trains covering almost all surrounding suburbs of city, which can save a lot valuable time spent by traveling with own vehicle. These two are the important factors when considering living either in city or rural area. Apart from those, entertainment facilities, well developed infrastructure and living with latest trends are other reasons for living in cities.

As mentioned above, the benefits living in big cities are the disadvantages for living in rural areas. Firstly,to mitigate the problem of employment government should try to offer tax deductions to the companies, which are ready to establish their branches in such places. As a result, there will be more work available in job market. Government should also provide sponsorship to people who have required skills and offer them some benefits like residency, travel and family benefits. Thus, those who are interested will come forward and will help rural economy to boost. In addition to this, increasing availability and expanded transportation network would also attract more people to come and work in such developing areas. Also, developing some nearby entertainment and leisure facilities will also help local people to retain in these places for long time without missing city life.

To sum up, it is in the hands of the authority who can help develop rural areas by offering some advantages to both industrial world and people in need.

Please submit your feedback on essay structure and grammatical errors.
Any comments most welcomed!!
Thanks for reading!!!
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
The most common reason whyfor people prefer to live in metro cities is the multitude of employment opportunities . Getting a desirable job and working at wella reputable company is the first choicea goal for many people. Apparently, these jobs are mainly available in developed cities. For instance, It can be seen atR ecruitment websites such as abcrecruitment show that the number of jobs in well known companies are noticeably higher in city areas than rural areas. Another reasonbenefit of city life is the easy availability of transportation services.Typically, there is a large and complex network maps of buses and trains covering almost allwhich lead to the surrounding suburbs of a city.whichAs opposed to driving a car, these can help a person save a lot of valuable time and money.spent by traveling with own vehicle. These two are the important factors when consideringcomparinglife in either inthe city or a rural area. Apart from those, entertainment facilities, well developed infrastructure and living with latest trends are other reasons for living in cities.attractions for people.
OP hiren46 2 / 3  
Hi Jennifer,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I believe, I still need to work on my grammar especially articles and prepositions, and also essay structure.
neo1989 8 / 15  
I hope my comments be useful

Most common reason why people prefer to live in metro cities is the employment opportunityopportunities .
i would improve this statement in this way if i were youGetting a job with high salary and good social statues and working at well reputed company are people main priorities.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Essay What are the benefits of living in big cities, as opposed to rural areas?