Some benefits of watching TV like info on tourist destinations, the variety of world culinary, etc.

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programs and films about it than by actually visiting it. How true this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot learn by watching programs and films about it? Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant example from your own experience.

Most people assume that they can know about other countries only by watching them in television programs. While others think that they have to come to another country to learn much about its culture, local inhabitants and its environment. In my view there should be an important aspect that lose when someone only stay at home and watch rather than others who come and visit the real objects such as ways to appreciate other traditions.

Most television programs that present information about other countries give the audience some benefits like telling about tourist destinations, and introducing its original food. For example, My Trip My Adventure also Fish and Chef are two television programs in Indonesia that show many tourist destinations and Indonesian culinary. Instead of revealing all aspects in Indonesia, it may shows only few good aspects like the spectacular scenery, and delicious food. However, the real live aspects of the country have never been served indeed.

As the opposite, people who really come into a country could explore its real live atmosphere. For instance, I have visited a little village in my neighbor country. There is amazing scenery there because it is a place surrounded by some hills. It has fresh air and friendly inhabitants. I lived in one of the local house there. It was a memorable experience because I can directly interact with local culture, feel the different atmosphere and eat their original food although I actually did not enjoy the food. This journey was taught how to build relationship with other community and how to appreciate their tradition.

In conclusion, television programs may inform you knowledge about other country but you have to come to witness the real experience and really learn how other traditions are. However, if you could not go to another country to learn about other tradition, you may able to visit another city in your country in order to get new experiments.
ZiadRasyid24 10 / 15 3  
Hi ekalamarsyari, let me you a hand, this is my correction

1. In my view there is (should be) (i think because this is your view, you should make sure the answer by not using should)
... only stay at home and watch tv rather than others who ...

2. Most television programs that present information about other countries and give the audience some ...
For example, My Trip My Adventure andalso Fish and Chef (i think using and is the best way to mention 2 things)
are two television programs ...

3. There is amazing scenery there because it is athat place surrounded by some hills. (i think using that rather than 'it is" because you have mention it before and explaining )

I hope it is helpful.. Please recheck it again ...
Keep writing :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Some benefits of watching TV like info on tourist destinations, the variety of world culinary, etc.