Benjamin Todd advises to do valuable things in our life.

Dioba 68 / 104 7  
TED (v) Benjamin Todd To find work you love, don't follow your passion

Benjamin Todd, as the TED speaker, said that when he was graduated, he had a lot of interests. He started with mastering martial arts, becoming a philosopher, investing his money. It confused him when choosing his career. He argues that choosing a career is a complex problem. Therefore, he and some academic researchers from University of Oxford conducted a research to find the real career decision. The result of the research is common career advice in this era are wrong. He suggests us to identify our greatest interest. Secondly, we should find the job which matches with our interest. The important thing that should be noticed is that when we follow our passion, it will lead us to a bigger possibility to fail. Because our interest is changing overtime, it is not a rigid basis for deciding a career. He advises to do valuable things in our life. Furthermore, focusing on doing what is valuable leads us to the real passion and concrete meaning for goal. All in all, he suggests us to explore, get good at useful skills and apply our skill to solve the problem.

source:TED
nda18 46 / 81 9  
Hi, these are my thought towards your summary

... that when he was graduated, he had ...
... a philosopher, and investing his money. It confused him when choosingto choose his career. He arguesargued that choosing a ...
(the result of the research revealed that common career advisers in this era are wrong)

Firstly , he suggests us to identify our greatest interest.

... should be noticed is that when we follow our passion, surprisingly , it will lead us ...
He advises to do valuable things(try to avoid the used of 'thing') in our life.

Thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / Benjamin Todd advises to do valuable things in our life.