The best of the best inventions for the last decade - PTE writing

PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  

antibiotics, airplane, or computers? the crucial invention

You will have 20 minutes to plan, write and revise an essay about the topic below. Your response will be judge on how well you develop a position, organize your ideas, present supporting details, and control the elements of standard written English. You should write 200-300 words.

What do you think is the most important invention for the past 100 years; antibiotics, airplane, or computers? And why?

In the 21st century, a number of inventions have been released and all of them play a vital role in societies. However, the advent of computers appears to be of paramount importance as they allow mankind to stay in touch with one another and decompress through playing video games. Consequently, I am truly of opinion that computers are the most pivotal inventions for the last 100 years and therefore will be pleased to discuss reasons behind this opinion.

To begin with, computers like mobile devices provide people with an ongoing opportunity to stay in touch with their friends and relatives, resulting in them being less lonely and depressed. This is not at all surprising, considering the fact most individuals are preoccupied with their own affairs in real life which mean the only way for them to actually socialize is through their electronics. For example, a survey conducted at the University of Sydney found a positive correlation between the use of electronic devices for socializing and participants' happiness levels. As a result, computers are the most important inventions in this world.

Furthermore, these electronics allow their users to decompress through playing computer games which can be beneficial for those who would like to relax. This is quite understandable as video games have proved to be one of the most effective medicine for stress. For instance, a group of researchers conducted an experiment only to find out that playing games can lead to reduced stress levels. Hence, computers are probably the greatest invention for the last decade.

In conclusion, having discussed the significance of computers, it can be firmly concluded that they are the best instruments that world's scientists have invented so far. As a corollary, I maintain that computers are the best inventions due to their significant health benefits.

My target is 79
abdo65619 1 / 8 9  
Hi Peter,
The quality of an academic essay is measured by its complexity; how cogent and concrete are the ideas and supporting examples presented.
Your ideas are simple, and I believe that you can come up with more important ones, about the benefits of computers.
Avoid repeating the same ideas, and if you could not, then, rephrase them with other words.
Do not mention reasons in the first paragraph, instead try to focus on developing your position; give a general overview about the latest inventions, and how they affect our life in many aspects, and then mention your position. Keep the reasons for the essay's body.

In the conclusion, restate your reasons and position.
Finally, revise your conjunctions and punctuation book.

All the best,

Home / Writing Feedback / The best of the best inventions for the last decade - PTE writing