The best solution for traffic congestion and pollution is raising the tax of the private car

hirani03 36 / 50 5  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extend do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Traffic congestion and its pollution are the big problems in the city. Some people believe that it can be solved by inclining the price of petrol. I disagree with this statement. I think, the best solution to this problem is raising the tax of the private car.

In the capital city, the citizens compete to have their private car. As the consequence, traffic congestion and its pollution are growing rapidly. To reduce this tendency, the government of New York increased the price of petrol. According to the America Today Newspaper in 2012, stated that raising the cost of petrol was not effective in New York. It just reduced below 3 percent of utilizing private car. The wealthy class could reach the new price of petrol. The inhabitants did not leave their car to use the public transportation. However, improving the car tax is the best way to terminate congestion and pollution.

The increasing of private car tax became twice than the first tax makes the car owner complicated. It is because they have to expend much money on it while their other necessity also required money. As the result, they will move to use public transportation and sell their car. The volume of vehicle in main road of the city declines automatically. It happened in Singapore, five years ago. A research which conducted by National University of Singapore stated that improving the tax of private car became twice had already diminished 34 percent of traffic jam there.

In conclusion, increasing the cost of petrol is not really effective to reduce the traffic congestion and its pollution in the capital city. To solve this problem effectively, it can be carried out by raising the tax of private car. It can be a suggestion to the government in order to solve this problem.
elonbrahm - / 2 1  
Hi Hirani,

Here's my feedback for you:

First Paragraph
- Some people believe that it can be solved by incliningincreasing the price of petrol.

Second Paragraph
- As the consequenceIn consequence , traffic congestion and its ...
- ... Newspaper in 2012, stated that raising the cost of petrol ...
- ItThe policy just reduced below 3 percent of utilizing private car ownership .
- The wealthy classUpper class societystill could reachpay the new price of petrol.
- The inhabitantsPeople did not leave their car ...
- However, improving the car tax is the best way to terminate congestion and pollution. --> put it as opening sentence of third paragraph

Third Paragraph
- The increasing of private car tax became twice ...By doubling private car tax, car ownership will be more complicated.
- ... they have to expend muchmore money on itfor the car while their other necessity also required moneymeeting their basic needs .
- A research which conducted by (...) stated that improvingdoubling the tax of private car became twicehad already diminishedled to 34 percent drop of traffic jam there.

May it help you. Good luck.

Home / Writing Feedback / The best solution for traffic congestion and pollution is raising the tax of the private car