The best values and principles children should be brought up with ^^

cosmopure 1 / 1  
Hey folks,

I beg you to check my terrible grammar and style in this essay draft and point at things you'd like to change. And I cannot draw any conclusion from this...

One of the things you should do in your life is to teach your child to value his or her existence, and wisely establish priorities.

- or 1/ A person should learn from his childhood that from having particular qualities he can make his life better and easier for himself. So, what are these qualities? In my opinion, at the first place you should value responsibility, purposefulness and honesty.

- or -2/ Such qualities as responsibility, purposefulness and honesty are important for a person to learn from his childhood because they can make his life better and easier. But why does a person need these certain qualities?

Some people say that in order to become a person who is satisfied with his life you should be absolutely honest to yourself. As this issue will be hard to understand for a small child, a parent can simply lay this idea in his head by being a good role model for him from his early childhood and acting as honest as he can. You need to become a guide for your children, because the things they have learnt from you, which you probably unconsciously put in them when they are young, will determine their future. But what being honest means to a person? Carl Jung says "Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens". According to his words we might say that being honest means doing things which come straight from your heart, and merely doing what you consider a right thing to yourself. For example, if person does not pursue an obsessive idea of gaining as much money as he can by doing job he does not like but instead of it does a job he enjoys, he will simplify his life and become a much happier human being.

The other naked truth of our life is that you can become almost whoever you would like if only you make efforts. Thereby, a person should be purposeful about things he wishes and formulate and fix clear goals. You cannot achieve anything by saying that your goal is unattainable and giving up to attempt. When you wish something you just try all your best to achieve it. The truth is that you should divide your big goal into small parts and move slowly step by step and be patient. Metaphorically speaking, we should "lay one brick at a time" to build a wall we desire. To make it easier, a child should know what if for instance he wants to get a gift for Christmas, he has to endeavor, behave well and have bla-bla grades. Then, if he wants to graduate university successfully, he will need to work hard on every detail such as self-study, reading additional literature, doing different tasks and so on, what exactly forms his goal. (I mean that his goal consists of such things..) Otherwise, a person who has not such quality as being purposeful will have a risk of being a mere living lumber in today's modern and cruel society.

But what all these qualities worth if person is alien to responsibility? To be responsible is to deeply realize that you need to meet the obligations you took upon yourself. Without this quality you will probably not reach things you want, because when you do not realize that things around you depend on the way you act, you may have grave consequences. It is extremely important to understand ... Thus, you can use this idea in upbringing your child by rewarding his admitting a guilt and understanding of taking responsibility of it.
android21 10 / 56 20  
I will only help you if you help me, can you do that? Can please tell us readers:

1. what is the min/max word limit
2. Who will be the audience, your teacher?
3. what does the topic/question ask of you?
4. what class is this paper for? (lol, I am mildly nosy)

Although you may feel these questions are irrelevant, I want to understand what direction you need to go in before I screw things up for you...which I would VERY feel guilty about.
OP cosmopure 1 / 1  
Not sure of you're ironic a bit or not D: but ok-ok, sorry I didn't put any basic description first.
1. 500 - 1000 words, but nobody cares...
2. Just my beloved Eng teacher
3. subj.? dunno, I guess I'm supposed to name 3 important values which I consider would be the best to bring up children with and argue for them.

4. %) Essentials of Academic Writing. Yeah, I'm learning how to make my scribble coherent and relevant...to no purpose.

Thank you, sir.
android21 10 / 56 20  
Your essay ends rather abruptly. It was wordy and repetitive. I hear your message but lets work on clarifying it a bit by developing the content in a more organized body.

You may want to work on your thesis and conclusion.

If you need any further assistance I am at your service. ;)
As this issue will be hard to understand for a small child, a parent can simply lay this idea in his head by being a good role model for him from his early childhood and acting as honest as he can.

As this is something which is hard for a small child to comprehend at a tender age, the parents need to be good role models to their children so that children would be able to understand value of being honest through their own experiences as they grow.

You need to become a guide for your children, because the things they have learnt from you, which you probably unconsciously put in them when they are young, will determine their future.

Therefore good parental guidance and behavior play a great role in shaping the values of children because children tend to adopt values and ideals of their primary caregivers. This phenomenon is also known as child imprinting by which they will unconditionally accept the beliefs and teachings of their parents.

Home / Writing Feedback / The best values and principles children should be brought up with ^^