The best way to achieve happiness is not to make others happy.

Jeslyn 2 / 1  
When I was so young, I read book told about Won-hyo who is very famous Buddhist monk in Korea . The story is like this. He left for high grade of Buddhism. During the trip, he stopped by house where no one live for sleeping. At midnight, he felt thirsty and just looked around. At that time, he can not see anything. Because it was too dark. While he groped around, he found a bowl with cool water. He was so happy and drank it. He thought it is really delicious water. And he fell asleep again. When he woke up, he became so surprise. Because what he drank is rotten water in the skull. He realized that everything comes from mind. And he became great Buddhist monk. I don't have religion and believe Buddhism but I agree his idea. Everything comes from mind. We can not be happy through of others happy.

When people will be happy? Happiness is not too far. Some people feel happy when they are full. Other people enjoy when they sleep well. If we are student, we will be happy when we get great score or be praised by parents. For me, when I hang out with my friends or eat very sweet lolly, I will be so happy. Like these, happiness is so different by people.

One of my friend is so kind. She is so pretty and so nice. She doesn't know "NO". Always she does say "OK" or "All right". Because she doesn't want to make people unhappy. Maybe when people hang out with her, people will enjoy time. She smiles always and agree with them. But she told me she want to change her personality. Only taking care of other's feeling without her condition makes her stressful.

Of course, some people are happy when they share their things. Some people do volunteer and others donate. But it can not be said as the best way to be happy. People has various personality, identity and preference. The way to be happy is always changed by people and time.
suggestion - / 1  
We all are social animal. the system prevailing in this world is like no one can live by cutting from the society.
Happiness is the inner feeling. No matters what are the surroundings, if one's inner self is happy he/she will feel everything goings well. Standards of happiness depend on individual's nature. it depends largely on how the one is brought up from his/her childhood. the way parents brought their children up matters a lot.

Some people want to drag their happiness by making others happy from him/her. The practice of making others happy give satisfaction to the individual. although its very good practice to try not to hurt anyone but it has seen from experiences that the person who want make others happy usually remains lonely at the end of the day.

others, however, give priority to themselves. For them, their own self use to be important more than anyone else.

Home / Writing Feedback / The best way to achieve happiness is not to make others happy.