IELTS Task 2 - What is the best way to decrease crime rate? Prisons or education?

Trisulastri 27 / 18 4  
In many countries prisons is considered the best way to decrease crime. However, education is often argued to be more effective way. Which opinion do you most agree with?

In this contemporary era, the number of crime case in many countries shows an increasing every year. The majority of countries do everything possible to prevent figures were increases, and imprisonment is regarded as the most effective way to suppress crime. However, i believe that educating the public is much more effective in preventing and reducing crime.

Prison is a punishment that is most often used by judicial system some countries. Prison sentences considered capable of providing a deterrent for criminals. It is based on the theory of behaviorism in which punishment can be given to eliminate undesirable behavior. In addition, during serving time in prison, people will participate in various programs, such as skills training and religions to build their personality. For example, entrepreneurship training that teaches about the variety that can generate profits, so that people who commit crimes due to poverty can open their own business after completing his sentence.

However, countries that have lower quality of education show higher crime rates. education is an alternative preventative methods to reduce crime. Improving the quality of education is considered capable of lifting welfare and public morality. religious education, for instance, should be taught from an early age so that people have a good self-control to prevent actions that violate religious rules, such as stealing and murder which is prohibited in all religions.

All in all, I believe that the prison will never be as effective as education in reducing the crime rate, because education is a preventive action and the effect will last longer than the prison.
RachelG 3 / 3  
One point I want to mention is that "I" is always capitalized in your essays.
Yusri31 28 / 31 8  
In this contemporary era, the number of crime case in many countries shows an increasing every year.

Note : It is better when you use the simple present perfect. For Example : The number of crime case in this contemporary era has increased in recent years

The majority of countries do everything possible to prevent figures were increases,

Note : The majority of countries try to do a lot of measure to prevent this increase.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 - What is the best way to decrease crime rate? Prisons or education?