IELTS: Task 2 The best way of spreading news

pijiuwdw 6 / 8  
Hi guys,

I really need your help in my IELTS essay. Please give some suggestions.

Thanks a lot!

The topic is :
There are plenty of options available for spreading news, such as newspapers, radio, TV, The Internet and so on. According to your opinion what is the best media to use? Why?

The incredible improvement of science and technology in recent decades has made a significant change in our way of spreading news. Nowadays, the most popular media has changed from newspapers, radio and TV into the Internet. Three main reasons make me firmly believe that The Internet is the best way of spreading news.

First of all, the Internet spreads news more quickly than other media. News can be scanned immediately after being made by people. Compared with the newspapers, news on the Internet does not need amount of time to be printed and edited. News can be informed to people only in few seconds later when they are edited. Therefore, The Internet keeps people posted about the latest news around the world.

Secondly, it brings convenience to ordinary people to spread news happened around them. The Internet provides with a free platform for everyone to make and spread information by themselves. Actually, in traditional media, such as radio and TV, news has been selected before they are spread and that narrows the horizon of their readers and audience to some extent. However, it is the freedom of spreading the news on the Internet that gives people more chances to get a better picture of the whole world.

Finally, news can be spread on the Internet in a variety of ways. These ways, such as word, voice and video, make news so vivid that attract their readers and audience deeply. On the contrary, the traditional media only rely on one or two ways to spread news and people have been tired of acquiring news in such a monotonous way. So, the Internet makes news more attractive and detailed to people.

In a nutshell, the Internet is an effective and efficient way to spread the news and it is much better than any other media.
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
first of all, more or less you have used the word 'news' 16 times..try to use other synonyms like
articles, stories, current events...be keen on this always.

ideas for paragraph two and three are quite similar ( convenience & spreading the news in different ways )
how about talking on freedom of opinion on paragraph 2 instead...

you have responded to the task very well, a slight change on your structure and a few examples
would definetely get you good marks..cheers

hope this helps.
muffle 3 / 12  
Hi everyone,

This kind of question is a bit strange to me for an IELTS exam. Do we get this in the real IELTS exam? What will be a good structure for this essay question?

Introduction
The first reason
The second reason
Conclusion

?
congchop 7 / 14 2  
muffle
I agree with you
gmad06 20 / 151 55  

Yes it is possible to get tasks like these and to answer your question, you have a very good example right in front of you...

Another way of doing the essay is as follows:
Intro: Background sentence about methods of spreading news
your answer to the question:According to your opinion what is the best media to use?
Ideas: Explain your answer to the question, state two aspects on how your choice supersedes
other forms of spreading the news, explain each aspect in a paragraph,give samples
Conclusion: Overall view of thesis

hope this helps...

Very good introduction. Clear and interesting :)

First of all, the Internet spreads news more quickly than other media.

First of all, the Internet is the fastest form of media that transmits news in no time.... Here, more than the speed, you should have talked about its coverage which does not know any geograghical barreer because internet can be accessed by almost everybody irrespective of where they do live.

Overall, a very good essay!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Task 2 The best way of spreading news