Essay about being better for children learn at primary school than learning at secondary school.

datn31874 1 / -  

benefits and drawbacks of learning a foreign language early

It is believed that Letting children who start studying a foreign language at primary school is a better option than letting those start studying at secondary school. Whether it may have some negative sides, but I think that this trend will offer more benefits than drawbacks.

On the one hand, beginning learning at foreign language at primary school brings more benefits for children. Children in this stage can learn a new language easier in secondary school. In this stage, young children have an ability which helps them be ready for studying the new language, and this ability will be lost while growing up. Furthermore, by getting them to study at this early stage can help them get used to it faster than the one who participated in studying in secondary school. In the future, they will become an expert while others just know about it. Moreover, while studying in primary school, they will have more opportunities, due to the benefits of knowing a foreign language such as having a foreign friend.

Nevertheless, there are a number of drawbacks associated with this opinion. First,Motivation is one of the factors that can affect the ability of studying a new language, so forcing young children that they are not keen on learning a foreign language can make their whole life of studying become less interesting, or even hating learning another language. Second, primary school is the worst environment for learning a language if you choose it in the wrong way. Children who are 6 to 10 years old are not conscious that speaking two languages can play an important role in the future, so they will study it in an ineffective way which will affect their classmates, too.

In conclusion, starting studying in primary school has many more advantages while others studying in secondary school despite certain disadvantages.
The writer shows an unfamiliarity with the writing requirements of the task 2 essay. There are 2 reasons why this would be judged as a failing discussion by the examiner:

1. The writer does not show a clear and supportable opinion in his writer opinion sentence (I think...) He must be precise, convincing and capable of fully choosing one side of the discussion to defend.

2. The discussion paragraphs compare the 2 opinions, which indicates again that the writer does not have any clear opinion regarding the discussion topic, regardless of his seemingly single opinion statement in the first paragraph. The phrase "I think" negated that clarity.

The final reason that this essay cannot get a passing score is the lack of word count in the summary conclusion. It is less than the required 40 words or 3 sentence presentation. It does not offer a proper short form presentation of the previous (but incorrect) discussion presentation.

In order to properly write a response, the writer must always choose one side of the discussion to support in the 2 reasoning paragraphs. This is usually the side that he knows more about so that he can discuss his opinion in a clear and strong manner.
Lehoang - / 2  
If the writer thinks that this trend's benefits overshadow its drawbacks, he'd better build a paragraph of advantages in the 2nd body and state some certain drawbacks first . His paragraph-building is unreasonable.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about being better for children learn at primary school than learning at secondary school.