IELTS task 2: What is better for children - life in one place or changing home frequently?

chanhthi1506 1 / 2  

What are the advantages and disadvantages of living a number of different places

There are many children who grew up in variety of places. The experience of living in different places may have positive and negative impact on the children's development.

On the one hand, living in variety of places may provide children natural environment to develop their intellectual abilities in an early age. With the frequency of moving to new places, the children can acquire knowledge about the places and they may apply their profound knowledge about the places, where they used to live, for the future career, in a travel- related jobs or contents creator, for example. Another advantages of living in different places is it provide adolescents many fond of memories, which make them happy when remembered.

On the other hand, changing residents places too much can have pernicious influence on children. Adolescents may hardly to adapt with the atmosphere of new places, especially, they may suffer the culture shock if they move to others countries with different languages and lifestyle. Eventually, they may feel being isolated and prone to depression. By moving to new places, children also lose contact with their friends, who they used to have strong attachment, and it may deteriorate the student's circumstance as they have no one to share with. For example: If a children moved to new place, they had to make a new friend, which may take a lot of time and effort, and during this process they are likely to suffer loneliness.

In conclusion, living in different of places maybe the chance for children to experience a new lifestyle and enhance their intellectual abilities. However, it may have a negative impact on the children's childhood as they hardly to adapt to a new place.
The prompt restatement is quick and to the point. However, the establishing discussion facts, based on the advantage and disadvantage query in the original prompt is missing. As such, the paragraph does not meet the minimum 3 sentence requirement and, the quick version of the advantage and disadvantage topics for discussion, used to establish the writer's opinion, is missing. The examiner will not be able to award full scoring considerations for this paragraph.

The paragraph in relation to the advantages of moving around is not well developed. That is what happens when you present a secondary reason, but then lack the time or knowledge to actually convince the reader that the second topic is connected in some way to the previous discussion in the same paragraph. That paragraph will not get a full score credit either.

Other aspects of the essay are acceptable and shows how well you understand the given discussion subject. Those will receive decent marks but may not be able to boost your score considering the previous problems.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2: What is better for children - life in one place or changing home frequently?