Better to be a home student using a computer or study in the traditional way - attending schools?

diemthuy 1 / -  
In the future, students may have the choice of studying at home by using technological devices

Currently, the idea that students can choose studying at home by using technological devices is wise option than attending traditional schools arouses enormous the issue vary greatly. As far as I am concerned, the arguments on both sides of such a view need to be examined carefully.

People who stand for the view above should have their own reasons, one of which could be that students may control their own time of studying. For example, students can use computers to find some information in lieu of going to the library. The information is always available in the internet and students may search it when they need. Another argument which should be taken into account is that this is the best way to help students promote independent thinking. Students do not depend heavily on the lecture and teachers. Therefore, they may enhance the ability for selecting information to problem-solving better. Finally, and perhaps most noticeably, there are many indications that home-schooling by using the computers may help narrow the intellectuality gap between developed and developing countries. This is especially helpful for students in developing countries who have not a good condition to learn in high quality of education, because the internet is giant knowledge shared and updated constantly.

However, looking at these issues in long-term, such a view may not be true in several cases. To begin with, many opponents could argue that classes are conducted on a fixed schedule regularly. This makes routines and punctuality in the students and that is very important for good personality building. One further justification which proves to be quite reasonable is that lectures for instruction in the classroom are always directed to specific issues and critical knowledge by the most qualified and highly professors, who are specialized knowledge of subjects.

For the above-mentioned points, it is obvious that despite there being circumstances in which such a view may be true, I am convinced that determining which side of the issue to stand for is by no means an easy task for everybody. It is important to understand that such an opinion should be viewed from different angles.
Hi Nguyen, I can see that you have been given quiet a strong remark here from Dara Chan, I just want to add that there is a lot of work to be done in your essay, I believe that this is due to the fact that English is not your mother language, well in fact, this is also true to native English speakers but may be not to some degree. One thing that can help you write better is practice, review the grammar rules, the verb usage and how to structure your paragraphs in a way that they run smoothly through out the essay.

Now, when I mean better writing, of course this means a lot of work, practice, drafts and what not, but this will help you come up with a good article. I'm not saying that this essay is poorly written, it's just that it did not transpire very well with the idea that the essay is asking you to write.

Please find the remarks below so you can follow through when doing your revision;

- can choose studyingto study at home
- is a wise option
- than attending traditional schools, ( don't forget your punctuation marks ) arouses
- enormous the issue vary greatlyawareness amongst students .
- on both sides of such a view( "arguments" refer to two opposing parties views, so you don't have to state the obvious ) need to be examined carefully.

I hope this helped Nguyen.

Home / Writing Feedback / Better to be a home student using a computer or study in the traditional way - attending schools?