(IELTS essay) Better: knowledge for book or experience

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
"Not everything learned is contained in books ". Compare and contrast knowledge gained from books with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion which source is more important and why?

Books are treasure houses of knowledge and wisdom. Some people prefer learning knowledge from books while others favor first-hand experience. I feel either books or experience alone is not sufficient for providing complete acquaintance.

Books preserve the great thoughts, wise judgments, and the accumulated knowledge of the past. They are able to give the basic information, which leads to new inventions. It improves our creativity and imagination. Besides, it holds all knowledge gained by previous generations through their observation and experience. Therefore, books are the holders of human kinds' experience. They are comparatively cheap, and can be used anywhere. Furthermore, books allow us to expand the depth of our knowledge by sharing other peoples' experiences. Additionally, not all fields are accessible for everybody. For instance, so many people eager to the study about space exploration, but only a few went into space so far.

On the other hand, awareness from practical experience is more memorable and enjoyable. It help to learn from attitudes and situations, how to handle difficult problems and conditions. To understand completely about anything, we need to experience them first hand. People are different and the problem solving style is dependents on the perception of people, which is diverse from person to person. Experience is limited to our own and that of other people we known well. Sufficient knowledge only is not enough to practice in some fields. For instance, swimming cannot learn from reading books, it needs real life experience and practice.

In conclusion, for gaining complete knowledge, it is better to learn from book and experience. Bookish knowledge can enhance practical skills. By using both books and one's experience one can move forward.
princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
Books preserve the [quote=joythblessy] They are able to give the basic information

great thoughts[/quote]

It improves our creativity and imagination. Besides, it holds all knowledge gained by previous generations through their observation and experience.

the use of "it" here is ambiguous. If it means basic information, it cannot hold knowledge. if It means books, "it" has to be changed into "they"

human kinds=> humankind

but only a few went have gone into space so far

awareness( maybe it can be replaced with other words to indicate the exact meaning)
it HELPS to learn
DEPENDENT

Experience is limited to our own and that of other people we KNOW well.

swimming cannot BE learnED

move forward=> make more progress
bookish, which is often used to describe bookworms, is a little negative in meaning
Books are treasure houses of knowledge and wisdom.

.... awesome : )

Some people preferlearninggaining knowledge from books while others favor first-hand experience.

learning subject ... gaining knowledge / acquiring knowledge

I feel either books or experience alone is not sufficient for providing complete acquaintance.knowledge

-------- acquaintance is not an appropriate word here. Also, it may sound better if you present this idea in reverse :D
I believe books and experience equally contribute to enrich one's that both knowledge.

Anyway.... your introduction is really good.
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai dumi...

Thanks for your correction and encouragement...

I tried to avoid repeating knowledge by attempting a new word...bt...

It was really helpful for me to know the difference between learning and gaining...
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Prince...

Your advice was rea...lly good..

I tried to avoid repeating words... But...

Looking forward to your correction in future too...
Thanks once again...

OMG... I have made some mistakes there.... I cant have any clue how it happened and really sorry about that : (
I believe both books and experiences equally contribute to enrich one's knowledge

Books preserve the great thoughts, wise judgments, and theaccumulatedknowledge of the pastand pass down to knowledge from generation to generation.

----------------- great sentence. Really like it : )
''accumulate knowledge'' is technically correct, but disturbs your poetic tone.... you have a good flow and like to see it is maintained through out your essay. : )
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai...

I got your idea ...

I corrected it in the same way as you did now...
I felt it was some error in typing...
No problem at all...
Thanks for noticeing it and correction..
Thanks a lot

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS essay) Better: knowledge for book or experience