What is the better way of gaining knowledge, experience or books ?

Josephd6 2 / 5 2  
It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

___________________________________
Knowledge has always been the key to success. It helps us solving our problems. And changes the way we look at our life. In the earliest ages, knowledge was simply the one people needed to survive, and it was naturally inherited from one's parents. But today, as the human race is developing and people are invading the space, new kinds of knowledge are being discovered. And people need more sources to claim this precious jewel.

One of the most traditional ways of gaining knowledge is books. People used them for centuries. They are still used today because you can easily gain knowledge using them. There are many kinds of books; there are books that talk about scientific topics like: (Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Astronomy ...). Also, there are literary books; for example: (Novels, poems, short stories, plays ...).

However, books are not the only teachers. There are other ways of gaining knowledge. The other way that everybody uses is experience. People gain knowledge from experience in many ways.

One of them happens without any planning, just like problems. Problems occur in people's lives and people learn from them. For example, after a toddler touches boiling water and feels pain, he learns to not touch it again.

The other kind of experience, on the contrary, happens after the planning and preparation by a person. The experiments done by the scientists are simple examples. Scientists prepare for those experiments by bringing the substances and tools that they need. And they gain knowledge after finishing the experiences.

In my opinion. Even though the knowledge gained from personal experience is harder to forget, knowledge gained from books is also essential. Because you can learn from other people's experience when reading books, which might even be sometimes more valuable than your own experience. Such as the books students use while studying.

To conclude, we cannot ignore either books or experience as valuable ways of gaining knowledge. We must combine the knowledge taken from both of them so we gain the amount of knowledge that allows us to be useful to our family, country, and humanity.

____________________________________________________________
Number of words : 349.
Thanks in advance for your feedback .
It helps us solving our problems. And changes the way we look at our life.

.... Combine the two lines;
It helps us solve our problems and influences our perception.

In the earliest ages, knowledge was simply the one people needed to survive, and it was naturally inherited from one's parents.

... this line does not contain a meaningful idea.... Knowledge, irrespective of time, has always been sought by men for both to survive and thrive. So, this line sounds a bit awkward and also it does not contribute much to your idea. Come to your point soon - talk about the two ways of acquiring knowledge, books or experience? That's the argument you've got to deal with.
Redtape 4 / 31 11  
For example, after a toddler touches boiling water and feels pain, he learns to not touch it again.
The other kind of experience, on the contrary, happens after the planning and preparation by a person. The experiments done by the scientists are simple examples....

Please mention is this an IELTS essay? If yes then one example is enough and I prefer the second example. if it's not an IELTS essay then please mention the words limit.
OP Josephd6 2 / 5 2  
Oh, yes it is.
I didn't know that one example was enough, thanks for the info.
veronicafy 2 / 4 1  
One of the most traditional ways of gaining knowledge is books.
...is reading books.
he learns to not touch it again.
he learns not to touch it again.
Such as the books students use while studying.
This sentence can not be related with the former one.

And I think the last two paragraphs are both conclusions, perhaps you could reduce them into one.

Home / Writing Feedback / What is the better way of gaining knowledge, experience or books ?