Writing task 1: Bird migration observed in Woodchuck Country

minhthu 1 / 3  
Dear everyone, I hope you guys can spend a little time reading and checking my IELTS writing task 1. Thank you very much.

birds species in the Woodchuck Country

Topic:
The chart below shows information about different species of birds observed in Woodchuck Country at different times of the year.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main information and making comparisons.

The supplied table provides data about eight different kinds of birds that are conducted by presences in Woodchuck Country during winter and summer season.

As is observed, there are three species of birds in the partial list consist of cardinals, crows and woodpeckers which are not migratory birds. They inhabit in Woodchuck Country in both winter and summer whereas another types of birds are always movement during the year.

It can be clearly seen that the observation finds some different points. The most form of bird migration such as bluebirds, mockingbirds, orioles and vireos regularly take place in the cold season. It is a reason they are just observed in the summer. Whilst, contrary to the species mentioned above, only one particular type of bird which is known as juncos migrate in the warm weather of summer times and then they choose the cold season to stay in Woodchuck Country.

In general, despite the same species, birds have different migratory times during a year. Most of them prefer to migrate in the winter while only one of in total stayed in Woodchuck at the same season.

thanhhao3401 - / 1  
... list consist of cardinals, crows and woodpeckers which are not migratory birds.
consisting of some non-migratory birds such as cardinals, crows and woodpeckers.

... whereas another types of birds are always moving regarding to different seasons.

There is a misunderstanding of you about the "X" on the partial list. I suppose "X" means a particular species can be observed in a particular season. In other words, birds stay at Woodchuck Country in the associated season, not migrate to another country.
OP minhthu 1 / 3  
Thank you so much
Nice move placing your trending statement at the end of the essay. In this instance, it works as a sort of conclusion to your analysis of the chart. That is definitely something that the examiner will consider when scoring your essay. Since the trending statement can be placed anywhere in the presentation, your approach will be seen as fresh and unique since most students tend to place the trending statement as a part of the summary overview.

Your summary overview needs to indicate a complete listing of the migratory birds being presented in the chart as part of the summary overview. You should also include a restatement of the discussion instructions as part of the summary so that the outline of the analysis presentation will be clear to the reader.

There are some points where your sentences are not clear to the reader and it has to be read several times in order to give the reader time to fill in the sentence structure blanks. Some sample sentences that have this problem are:

partial list consist of cardinals

- CONSISTING of Cardinals...

another types of birds

- OTHER types of...

only one particular type of bird which is

You may want to remember that nouns are normally capitalized because these indicate the proper names of persons, places, and things. Bird names fall under the noun category so the species names need to be capitalized throughout the essay.
OP minhthu 1 / 3  
Thank you so much. I will fix it.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1: Bird migration observed in Woodchuck Country