'...without a bold guess' - Select One quote [my intro]

natekim 1 / 1  
You have 80 minutes to write an essay based on one of the following quotes. Be sure to have a thesis that responds appropriately to the quote. Take a strong position, use examples to support it and be sure to acknowledge the opposing view.

1. "No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess."
--by Sir Isaac Newton

This is just my intro.

Isaac Newton writes : "No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess". With this, Issac Newton asserts that every discovery was established with people's assuming or curiosity. This means that everything, such as scientific invention, finding continents, and social progress, stems from thinking. I believe that as people think and guess about this society, we can make a development with all areas such as economy, technology, and industry.
veragof 2 / 4  
I am not very professional in english language but from my viewpoint the key words are "a bold guess". I think that it means that human inventions derive from unexpected bold intellectual conclusions which cut across with(go against) current scientific stereotypes. I suppose that any great discovery appeared as a controversial guess, question, hypothesis and it required a certain kind of courage to take the extraordinary approach to the subject. So, the quote inspires to approve a bold hypothesis that might be a source for a new great invention.

but it is only my point, probably i am wrong. anyway I wish you good luck in writing your essay.
OP natekim 1 / 1  
Thanks for sharing your opinion!! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / '...without a bold guess' - Select One quote [my intro]