Books are not needed because one can read information on computers.agree or disagree

kiana 1 / 1  
It is an incontrovertible fact that computers have changed our lives in so many ways. In my opinion one of them is that we barely need books anymore, actually, we can have all the information we need on our laptops or computers. Some old fashioned people or as we can call them luddites hold the opinion that books are irreplaceable. I strongly disagree with them since I believe that nowadays people are more concerned about saving their time, money and natural resources than before and due to these factors they prefer E-books over paper based books.

In order to provide papers, we need to cut trees which leads to deforestation, and as we all know it has quite a few detrimental effects on our lives, namely decreasing level of oxygen in atmosphere and global warming. Due to the fact that youngsters care more about their environment, they try using computers for reading in order to decline the number of trees that are coming down.

Most of us like to drink or eat while reading books, so spilling a cup of coffee on our books seems like a frequent accident for most of us, but thanks to computers this wouldn't be a problem anymore. We do not need to be watchful from now on. About half of us are bespectacled, and when we want to read we spend a great deal of time looking for our glasses, computers have a good solution for this, by zooming in or zooming out you can adjust the size of words in a way you can read them without needing any glass.

Last but not least, wasting too much time on getting the book they like seems like a big struggle for bookworms to overcome with. First of all; due to traffic and not having a car of their own, they need to spend quite a bit of time and money to reach a library or a bookstore and second of all, they might not even get what they were looking for. E-books have solution for these issues as well, you can buy them by internet in just a second for the latter problem you can just read all the comments and reviews that has been written by readers and critics; and, find out that whether this is the book you were looking for or not.

To sum up, I believe in the future not far away from now, as we walk on the streets, there would not be any bookstores. As we all know the world is going into the direction of efficiency, green life; and, as I stated above E-books have all these features.
kevman 1 / 10  
What is up with these horrible essay topics on this site...
fayth93 1 / 3  
It's the topics the colleges give us for admissions essays.
d2h4 3 / 13  
What you're writing is based most on your opinion (as I see it). For example:

Some old fashioned people or as we can call them luddites hold the opinion that books are irreplaceable

We do not need to be watchful from now on.

there would not be any bookstores

You should also remember than there are a lot of books that are not on the internet database, so your arguments must be valid.
When you make an essay, don't only base on your opinion but by facts as well. To me, this looks more lika a critique article more than an essay. I strongly dissagree with the words: old fashioned, bookworms, etc.

I really like the idea of your essay and how you elaborate your stand. But, try to experiment with different words and base your opinion on facts, not only pure thoughts :)
usnanathan 1 / 1  
they are more symbolic of the advance of the human race than necessary

Home / Writing Feedback / Books are not needed because one can read information on computers.agree or disagree