TOEFL-Whether or not borrowing money from friends is good.

Dande 4 / 6  
Critical and fundamental to any sound relations is trust, and a precious friendship is no exception. In this regard, belief has it that borrowing money from a friend is somehow a threat destroying the peace among two parties. In my opinion, I totally disagree with the statement for a couple of reason.

To begin with, the ever best friend is the first one to stand by me in any context, more notably in case of plight. In actuality, I sometimes make friends with fair-weather ones due to the complex of society. They are people who, for the most part, come to me because of feeling lonesome or being able to make use of me. A true friend is different since he or she never shows withdrawal when I am in predicaments . Undoubtedly, times of financial difficulty are the best chances that enable me to recognize an authentic friendship.

Furthermore, having close friends means that I deserve the help and protection from them. At school, I am told at all times to behave well and treat peers at my most friendly. The question is, however, what a friendship is forged for, why a companionship is a must for every individual when I force myself not to rely on them in despaired periods. Friendship is apparently another shoulder where we can cry on and supposedly take care of each other. Hence, there exist no reason against borrowing money from a close person.

Finally, asking for financial help is a good signal that strengthens the friendship. Should my friend realize that I am in need of money, yet consistently refuse the fiscal support from them, he or she would be likely to be upset other than feel sympathetic. They easily assume that their role and our friendship make no sense to me, and they are secluded from my affairs. Needless to say, independence is a good thing, though, a little sharing or reliance is necessary to preserve a good relationship.

To sum up, it is imperative that a friendship be protected by ongoing efforts, even involving monetary matters. Not only does borrowing money from friends test the true friendship, it is also a rational action.

I am gonna take a TOEFL test, I really need everyone's advices and tips, plz help me :D
And I will be very happy if you could rate me from 1 to 5 :D
CarmenCM 3 / 5  
a couple of reasons

Not only does borrowing money from friends test the true friendship, it also offers help in a rational way
(parallel structure, as u use "dose" in the first clause)

i think the overall essay shows that you understand the Ques, esp.the 4th paragraph, in which u succeeded in linking friendship with money naturally

so I will give u a 4 ;)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL-Whether or not borrowing money from friends is good.