Bottles of Coca-Cola sold by regions and change in share prices of this beverage

tmtania777 1 / -  
Can somebody review this

analysis of the chart and graph attached below

The chart and graph below give information about sales and share prices for Coca-Cola.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie chart shows the worldwide distribution of sales of Coca-Cola in the year 2000 where they sold 17.1 billion cases of their fizzy drink and the graph depicts the change in share prices between 1996 and 2001.

Overall, the pie chart is divided into five regions which are North America, Africa and Middle East, Asia, Europe and Latin America based on the consumption of Coca-Cola drink. The line graph shows a spike in the trend in share prices which gradually declines making it the end point slightly higher than the starting point.

Taking a look at the pie chart, we can see that North America is the largest consumer, where 30.4 per cent of the total volume was purchased. The second largest consumer was Latin America. Europe and Asia purchased 20.5 and 16.4 per cent of the total volume respectively, while Africa and the Middle East remained fairly small consumers at 7 per cent of the total volume of sales.

Turning to the graph, the share prices were set at 35$ in the year 1996 from which it significantly rose upto 70$ per share in a year's gap. Even though, a dip can be observed in the trend by mid-97, an increase in share prices which falls approximately around 80$ per share by 1998. From then until 2000, their value fell consistenty but there was a slight rise in mid-2000.

The writer has over-written for this 20 minute task. It is possible that the writer got this confused with the 40 minute task 2 essay. A task 1 essay should be limited to 200 words only due to the extremely limited writing allowance. Based on the word count for this essay, the writer would not have been able to complete it within the alloted time.

The summary paragraph should limit itself to general image data. The actual figures should not be mentioned at this point since the actual analysis and comparison always starts in the paragraph after the trending statement.

It is important that the writer learns how to use image equivalents of measurement presentations to make the report more scannable. The sign equivalents help keep the word count down and, makes the presentation quickly understood. A task 1 essay need not be too wordy since it is data presentation based rather than opinion based. There is only one rule for the task 1 lssay: Keep it short but informative.

Home / Writing Feedback / Bottles of Coca-Cola sold by regions and change in share prices of this beverage