A breakdown of telephone call duration in UK during 1995 to 2002

Niks30 1 / 1  
Writing Task 1 - UK Telephone, by category, 1995-2002

A breakdown of telephone call duration in UK during the time 1995 to 2002, measured in billions of minutes, is illustrated in the bar chart categorized based on the call types. Overall, it can be seen that local call stands in the highest level of using throughout the time frame while the telephone calls using mobiles is the lowest one.

To begin, the telephone calls using locals shown a gradual improvement in 1995 to 1998. Stood at roughly 70, the level of locals use rose moderately to around 90. The same condition occurred in the other type, national and international call, which reached 50 billion minutes in 1998. This pattern was followed by the number of mobiles use, the fewest using among the types.

In the four last years, a moderate decline experienced the former which reached to approximately 70, the same level in the beginning of the time. In contrast to this, the other two types of calls saw a significant increase to the rest of the time. However, during the time frame, the greatest level still remained in the local use while the converse appeared to be true in mobiles use.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Hayani,
Welcome to EssayForum :)

It is quite unfortunate that most new members have similar problem related to "missing picture/image/diagram/figure/chart" in their first threads. This can be avoided by the help of your personal referrals / tutors. Therefore, I would advise you to upload the proper picture to help us giving complete feedback towards your essay in the next writing practice.

1st paragraph:
- A breakdown of the information about telephone call duration in theUKUnited Kingdomduring the timefrom 1995 to 2002, (...) illustrated in the bar chart. (stop here, new sentence)It is categorized based on the call types.

- ... that local call standsstood asin the highest level of usingusage throughout the time frame while the telephone calls using mobilesusage of mobile telephone callsiswas the lowest one.

It is indeed you can use present simple in the first sentence of this paragraph, but when it comes to the "overview", it should be written based on the time signal. If it is in the past, you MUST write them in past form. Most IELTS candidates are failed to reach band 6 or above due to this unfortunate errors. You need to remember that an appropriate overview is needed if you want to reach band 6 or above.

Hope this helps :)
Beauty17 56 / 88 5  
Hallo.. let me to give you some notes about your essay!
A breakdown of the information aboutof telephone call duration in UKthe UKduring the time 1995 to 2002between 1995 and 2002,based on the call types measured in (...) the bar chart categorized based on the call types.

... local call stands in is the highest level of using usage throughout the time frame while the telephone calls using mobiles is the lowest one.the usage of mobile telephone calls was the lowest one.

I hope it works! Good luck !
nurainiyusuf16 47 / 83 6  
Hello Niks30!
Allow me to give you some suggestion.

A breakdown of telephone call duration in UK during the time 1995 to 2002, (from year to yearor between year and year )

...Stood at roughly 70 billions(Since you haven't mention it before, you should mention it here, for the next number, it will be fine to do not mention it), the level of locals use rose moderately to around 90 (you can say "nearly 90" if the number is lower than 90, or "almost 90" it can be used for higher or lower ).

... in the other type (You may use "figure) , national and ...

Overall, it is really a good job NIKS.
For next task, you have to put the picture. It is hard for reviewer to match the data if you do no put it.

Hope it helps you :)

Home / Writing Feedback / A breakdown of telephone call duration in UK during 1995 to 2002