Essay: What will you bring along to Sahara + unforgettable experience

sweetbitterrose 5 / 11  
Good evening,Gloria!
Nice to write to you again. Please help me check out these two short essays.
Topic 1: Imagine that you are going to travel in Sahara Desert. What are the things you will bring along? Write a passage about three things you would bring along and explain why you need those thing.

" As you know, Sahara is one of the biggest deserts in the world. I will be very happy if I have an opportunity to make a trip to Sahara. I think there are many things to prepare before travelling in this desert.

Firstly, I will bring water. Because there is a lack of water in every desert, it is necessary to bring along enough water so that I can drink when I feel thirsty.

(cutted)

Topic 2:
Write about one of your most unforgettable experience

"Dear Alice,
Thank you for your postcard and your story. It is great to know that you had an enjoyable trip with your family in Bangkok. I have been studying for the new school year. Today, I want to write about my most embarrasing experience.

It happened last week when I was returning home from school. After school, my friends and I rode our bikes back home. On the way, we talked about many things such as: given exercises, music, films, and other subjects.

(cutted)
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Hello!

Let's see here:

"Topic 1: Imagine that you are going to travel in Sahara Desert. What are the things you will bring along? Write a passage about three things you would bring along and explain why you need those thing.

"As you know, the Sahara is one of the biggest deserts in the world. I would be very happy if I had an opportunity to make a trip to Sahara. I think there are many things to prepare before traveling in this desert.

Firstly, I would bring water. Because there is a lack of water in every desert, it is necessary to bring along enough water so that I can drink when I feel thirsty.

Secondly, I will prepare many foods. I think travelling in the Sahara would cost a large amount of energy, so I need foods to make me healthy.

Finally, I will bring along with me a camera. I guess that there are so many interesting places there that a camera would help me keep the wonderful moments forever. I also want to share the impressive photos of wild animals, plants, and sand dunes with my family and relatives.

In short, I am sure that I would have a good time in the Sahara if I brought along water, food, and a camera."

Topic 2:
"Dear Alice,
Thank you for your postcard and your story. It is great to know that you had an enjoyable trip with your family in Bangkok. I have been studying for the new school year. Today, I want to write about my most embarrassing experience.

It happened last week when I was returning home from school. After school, my friends and I rode our bikes back home. On the way, we talked about many things such as exercises, music, films, and other subjects. When we were busy talkingabout last night's film, a heavy man suddenly appeared in front of me. I could not stop my bike so I crashed against that man. He lied on the road and my bike was thrown out. I had some little wounds on my arms. The man stood up and looked at me badly. I was very confused and I did not know what to do. I felt very scared. I said sorry to him but he still scolded me. That time, everybody looked at me strangely and I wanted to cry at once. That day was very horrible.

From then on, I have never talked to anyone when riding bike and I ride my bike more carefully. That story made me appreciate my safety more.

I have five classes now, so I have to stop. I hope you will enjoy a happy new school year. Write to me as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Rose"

The sentence is correct. You're welcome.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP sweetbitterrose 5 / 11  
Can you tell me why we use adjectives after "grow up" in the sentence above?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
You're very welcome.

Sure! How about, "If we are brought up in an unhappy family, we may (grow into, become, grow to be, develop) miserable and pessimistic."

thesaurus.reference.com is a really great thesaurus website that may be able to help you find exactly what fits.

Good luck!
OP sweetbitterrose 5 / 11  
Thank you, Glolia! You don't know how helpful you are to me!!!^_^

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay: What will you bring along to Sahara + unforgettable experience