The budget of staying averages in two different towns as compared to the national cost-of-living

intiaiqbal92 13 / 13 2  
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write at least 150 words.

The chart below shows the cost-of-living averages in two different cities as compared to the national cost-of-living average.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The table provides information regarding the budget of staying averages in two different towns as compared to the national cost-of-living average, is measured by percent.

In general, there are six categories : groceries, housing, utilities, transportation, health care and clothing, and Riverdale has more the percentage of cost-living than Cape Alicia.

To begin, Riverdale's people have spent their money for housing, it is about 19 percent, whilst Cape Alicia city only has -12.5 percent. Then, for groceries, utilities and transportation sector have the percentage less than 5%. Health Care sector has average around 7 % which is the second highest category in Riverdale, and the last category is clothing, it has 5.5 percent. Turning to Cape Alicia, it only has average of cost living less than 2 percent in each category. Therefore, utilities as the highest category, it has 1.2 %, similar to utilities, clothing only has 1 percent. After that, groceries and health care have average 0.5% and 0.8 % respectively. In addition, there are two categories have the percentage just under 1 percent, they are housing and transportation.
Liliy 12 / 13 6  
Hi Tia, Is your writing about writing task 1? could you give the picture here .. it is quite difficult to give suggestion.

In general, there are six categories : groceries, housing, utilities, transportation, health care and clothing, and Riverdale has more the percentage of cost-living than Cape Alicia. i suggest you to give 2 sentences here as your overview
In addition, there are two categories have the percentage just under 1 percent, they are housing and transportation. you need more word here, .. separate your paragraph into 2 paragraph is better to make sure your writing clear
Windachan 13 / 18 5  

In general, there are six categories : groceries, housing, utilities, transportation, health care and clothing, and Riverdale has more the percentage of cost-living than Cape Alicia. --> Tia, it would be nice if you write the overview at least 2 sentence to be a new paragraph. Also, it is better to compare the significant differences of data (groceries, housing, etc) than mentioned one by one

Good Luck
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Please include the picture of the graph, as it helps us understand what the graph is about. I have made some edits with with the blue highlight, and I write my comments with the green one.

The table provides the number of public expenditure averages into six categories in two different cities measured in percentage.
The writing above lacks for the clarity. I strongly suggest merging these parts into one paragraph so as that you have a good paragraph.

I have shown you how to make the sentence(s) more clearly and succinctly. Now you should present them here and show that you could break this paragraph into two. By doing so, this report has a coherence of paragraph. Thanks,

eddy suaib

Home / Writing Feedback / The budget of staying averages in two different towns as compared to the national cost-of-living