Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS------build for certain purposes our good exterior?

ekekek 25 / 51  
It is more important for a building to serve certain purposes than just to look good. Do you agree or disagree?

Architects often find themselves in a dilemma when they have to determine the building's style as two options sound justified-functionality or exterior design. Some architects claim that the function arrangement is more valuable by comparison to the good looking exterior. Personally, I coincide myself with this viewpoint.

Admittedly, the outside image is one of the essential elements of a building, regardless of the commercial buildings or historical ones. It is because most people who appeal mainly to visit for the building because of the first sight. Thus, the entrepreneurs may invest a company for being attracted by its exterior, becoming one of the bond holders and risk takers. In terms of international tourism, foreigners tend to visit some places with special looking due to the fact that many people have a curiosity to take an adventure.

However, the society as well as the individual would benefit more if a building serves a particular purpose. An example aptly illustrate this point of view is the boom of tourism. There is no getting around that people spend their money and time on travelling for the fundamental reason that to experience different culture and history. Therefore, in order to meet visitors' original demand, the buildings in the local should combine more historical factors together. When travelers adore their trips and suggest their friends to travel, the local economy would be spurred in a rapid growth.

Furthermore, building buildings for certain purposes will greatly drive up the space utilization rate, which suits for the fast-developing countries. It is well known that the first thing that the business men choose a site for their companies or industries is the price. Given the high operational cost, they will choose a commercial building rather than a building with good looking. So, a functional building is more suit for the fast pace society.

To conclude, a building with function arrangement is more superior to the one with good exterior for individual and society. However, if the buildings could be built with functionality and good-looking exterior, I believe, it will bring more benefits.

____________________________________________________
surpass 5 minutes....maybe a little too long..

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS------build for certain purposes our good exterior?