An essay about build a new factory near our community

robertsheperd80 4 / 9  
A company has announced that it wishes to build a factory near our community. There are a lot of negative and positive affects if mentioned factory is built. As far as I am concerned, disadvantages outweigh advantages.

The first negative aspect is that There is no doubt that environment is in trouble. Factories burn fossil fuels which make acid rain and it kills trees. Greenhouse gases rise into the air which contribute global warming and threaten to melt ice polar cab. We can not ignore this fact that all living creatures from small to large which make our balanced ecosystem will be destroyed by human greedy. We as humans inherit the earth but it does not mean that we can do whatever we want to it.

As is known to all, technology has been improved along in the past fifty years by large factories and improves our lives as a result. On the other hand, this opportunity led to mass automation and one of the negative aspects of mentioned factor is that a lot of people will loose their job at once and only a few workers with unstable job will be hired. Under such circumstances, many reports in IRAN reveal that there are lots of unemployment people who are ready to work for minimum salary. Also, workers who hired will welcome to live in the vicinity of factory. As a result, I will see densely populated countryside. It will be disaster for me.

It is not fair that not to mention the positive aspects of proposal. We are living in constantly changing world and if we want to keep ourselves up to date, we will need these factories to quench human desires.

To sum up, disadvantages outweigh advantages .air pollution, making densely population and crowded countryside, workers firing, and unbalanced ecosystem are all problems that are come from building new factory near our community. When we take all these mentioned risks into an account, we really feel sorry.

thanks a millon
yang 2 / 313  
man... it's so awesome that you teach the admin how ecology work, and how global worming work, and how it sux for the people... but WHERE IS THE YOU IN ALL THIS!!! THE ADMIN DOESN'T GIVE A F ABOUT ALL THE STUFF, HE/SHE CAN JUST TURN ON THE TV OR READ THE NEWS FOR THIS!!! If I were the admin, I'd think of your essay as a great local newspaper stuff, BUT NOT APPLICATION ESSAY!!!

This topic is actually tricky. It wants to know how aware you are about the problems of this world, yet YOU HAVE TO SAY HOW THIS IMPACT YOU!!! It's you who are applying, not the trees who die or the people who work hard for little money.

The prompt (btw, try posting the prompt next time) asks for a concern that impact YOU!!! why should the admin care about the world, when he/she is reading your essay?

Again, I have to say that none of the things you talked about tell anything about you in particular. I'm sure that in AP Environmental science, they talk about this stuff 24/7, and the admin really doesn't give a s*** about it.

aight, how to make it better then?

1. talk about how it influences YOUR LIFE
2. do you have a family member who suffer from any lung disease? If so, then talk about how this worsens their state, and through that expand to nature or whatever. If not, then make up a story where you saw your mom or somebody begin to regularly cough cuz of that.

Sorry to say that you have to make up stuff, but this is really not a good topic, it's 2 narrow. If you really want to talk about pollution, then DO SO. but don't try mixing economics with that.
OP robertsheperd80 4 / 9  
Thanks a million dear yang. your points are so helpful and great for me .

Home / Writing Feedback / An essay about build a new factory near our community