IELTS writing task 1. How to build your own water clock.

ngothanhnam2211 4 / 6 1  

water clock step by step

The diagram below shows the process for making a water clock.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram describes how to recreate a water timer. In general, the process includes many steps, beginning with the flow of water from the tap and ending at the plastic bottle.

To begin with, a set of compartments is required to build the water clock. First of all, a L-shaped stand is put under the tap with its top attached to a plain plastic bottle whose bottom has a hole by tape. In addition, a straw is glued into one side of that bottle. At the bottom of the stand, there is a stratified bottle with its neck cut off.

Once the tool is ready, turn on the tap and put a finger beneath the plain bottle to allow the water to fill in. The excess amount of water will leave through the straw in order to keep the water level unchanged. After that stage, release the finger to let water flow into the second bottle which displays levels per minute. Finally, eliminate the content and repeat another process.

spartan1 2 / 3  
you have written an adequate answer for Task 1. however, try to give a description in the first paragraph then in the 2nd para give the general overview or the summary of the whole topic then in the next two body paragraphs elaborate on the steps one by one. Good Luck :)
Ngo, you must remember that the Task 1 essay requires a total of 4 paragraphs, not 4. You have to better spread out your discussion of the instructions provided in order to do that. Try to aim for 175 words to allow yourself the opportunity to write enough words for better scoring potentials across the board.

You need help with your English vocabulary. To " recreate" means to create an imitation. In this case, the person is being instructed on how to "create" the water clock. It is better to use the more precise word description in this instance to help create a more convincing take on the instructions you will be providing.

Try to avoid writing long sentences. Your first paragraph could have better helped your GRA score if you had divided the information in the second sentence into 2 presentations instead of 1 long description. That tends to come across as a run-on sentence because of its length and the combination of two ideas in one sentence.

Save for these observations, you did a good job on this essay. The instructions are clear and the reader can easily follow the presentation you used. Good job!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 1. How to build your own water clock.