IELTS- Task 2: Building higher houses or lower but wider ones, which one is the better solution?

baotram1812 6 / 11  
Some cities create housing areas by providing taller buildings. Others create housing by building houses on a wider area of land.

Which solution is better?

This is my essay, please help me to improve it. Much appreciated!
Total words: 323 words.

In the modern day, a minority of metropolises build houses on a larger scale of land, whereas the rest choose to provide more skyscrapers in order to meet the need of the residents. To the best of my knowledge, I am in total approval of creating higher buildings due to its numerous merits. Both sides will be considered carefully before drawing to a conclusion.

To begin with, building houses on a wider area of land does have some valid reasons. One of them is for the safety of individuals. Taking having earthquakes for example, the residential evacuation wil be conducted more quickly in low construction compared to in skyscrapers. Therefore, some cities prefer shorter but wider houses than taller ones.

On the contrary, despite having a small number of downsides, building taller structure is believed to bring more benefits to both human beings and the environment. First of all, creating skyscrapers can save the budget of land for descendants. In the era of dramatic population increase, humans need more and more land for accommodation. Therefore, forests will be cut down for more room and following is a significant rise of global warming, which can have devastating impacts on humanity. To avoid this terrible issue is the second reason why cities should build skyscrapers rather than lower and wider houses.

In my opinion, not only creating higher construction can save the environment, but it also save sthe humankind thanks to its eco-friendly benefits. Our descendants in the future will have to suffer climate change desperately if the rise of deforestation keeps accelerating because of the need of more land. That's why we should save the budget of land by building more skyscrapers.

Having analysed all things above, I have a great belief that cities should provide higher edifices rather than lower but wider ones in order to preserve either nature or humanity. The more land we save, the better our offsprings' lives in the future.
wuwik12018 1 / 1  
taking and having was not making anything clearer. Choose one.
ClockWork 2 / 4 1  
try not to use your own language into english. ex: taking having...
I think you should change ' I am in total approval...' into ' I totally agree..' or ' I totally approve..'

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- Task 2: Building higher houses or lower but wider ones, which one is the better solution?