IELTS; buildings often reflected the culture of a society !

batais 6 / 14  
In the past, buildings often reflected the culture of a society but today all modern buildings look alike and cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar.

What do you think is the reason for this, and is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Many centuries ago people used to build their buildings utilizing the materials available in their own land. Few decades ago, people have started to import materials from other countries in order to build their own buildings. This change of building materials has impacted in many people's opinion and views. Travelers who visit different cities around the world today found that famous buildings are similar to each other as if they have visited this city before.

Due to globalization trend, many countries have started to adopt standards of some famous international construction companies to build their buildings. The reason behind this could be the security and the quality of their building construction. For example, Dubai has moved to construct their buildings following the standard of the international construction companies, in fact, Khalifa Tower is one for the most famous building in Dubai that was designed by Mr. Eric Tomich.

On the other hand, people have divided to two opinions. Some people believe that this change of building style has affected many travelers' aim. Travelers were willing to see building different from place to other for more enjoyment. However, other people believe that such change will provide more building reliability and secure due to the good standard of the intentional construction companies. For example, when I read about Japan I feel that I am going to stay in a beautiful Japanese traditional house Nagaya, however when I visited Japan in 2006 I stayed in a 5 star hotel that is similar very much to the one I see in Dubai.

In conclusion, the change of building style has become fact and people have started to adopt. Some people did not like the idea very much while others liked the idea of the new style.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Many centuries ago people used to build their buildings utilizing the materials available in their own land. Few decades ago, people have started to import materials from other countries in order to build their own buildings.

I don't think the similarity of building materials is the reason why modern buildings look alike.

This change of building materials has impacted in many people's opinion and views. Travelers who visit different cities around the world today found that famous buildings are similar to each other as if they have visited this city before.

The prompt asks for your opinion, so you had better state it clearly in the introduction. Also, in the second body paragraph, you just mentioned what other people may think about the issue. Instead, I think you should focus on your opinion whether the trend is positive or negative

Dubai has moved to construct their buildings

In Dubai, buildings are constructed
First, you should open all IELTS essays in Writing Feedback forum. Also, mention the purpose (i.e. IELTS) in the title so that others would provide you with more relevant and task related feed backs.

Well, this paragraph cannot be accepted as your introduction. Introduction is a must for this task for you to earn a decent score. In the intro you should introduce the topic to the reader.This looks like as if you are answering a question and lacks the features of an essay.
Yep... The IELTS requires specific features in your essay structure, otherwise you would not be able to score well.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; buildings often reflected the culture of a society !