How I was bullied and how I stood up to myself

ikjt9420 1 / -  
When I was a freshman, I was bullied - by myself. Every day, I would face the same torture, stealing my lunch money and stuffing myself in lockers. I was even wedgied at times. I would get picked on and teased in front of the entire classroom by myself. Tears rolled down my eyes as I tore down the hallway, and without noticing, straight into the faculty bathroom. However, the cruel fact I learned is that I will never escape from my bully. Then one day, I told myself that justice will be served. I finally stood up for myself, fighting back every time I was bullied. Without the help of others, I learned to be a brave individual who stands up to and for myself. Others around me even looked at me with astonishment, some even fainting to the floor; perhaps they are so shocked at my brave stature, and perhaps they must want to learn from the best of the best! Now my bully has become my best friend. We learned to build vanilla and strawberry flavored ice creams topped with a golden cherry. What I will never forget is the look on my teacher's bewildered face in the bathroom, the look of horror he had when I broke into his stall and punched myself in the face.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Alex, welcome to EF Team :)

Honestly, I am confused by the whole essay that you have written. Your grammar is somehow still acceptable, but when it comes to the content, I keep asking myself "what does this writer mean? Did he bully himself? How come?" As I know, when you "get bullied ", this means other people/persons treat you badly or inappropriately. It can be in terms of mental or physical acts such as mocking, insulting, or even punching/torturing. How can a person bullies him/herself? This is the question that comes to my mind when I read your essay. Can you please clarify or re-explain about what you are talking about or perhaps tell me in a simple way possible? I hope after reading your explanation I would be able to fully understand about what you have written in this essay. Therefore, I would be able to give my feedback for the betterment of your essay later on. You can just answer my question below this message. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / How I was bullied and how I stood up to myself